Cannot Disable Flight Failure

Kramdomizer04

I cannot disable flight failures. The plane(s) start to 'blow apart' when the "F" key is pressed. This happens both on the ground or in the air. Additionally, the rate of failures are very high. All inflight failures are either the rudder or elevator breaking off. "All Flight Failures" setting is turned off and I have tried to reset the game by selecting the "Reset To Defaults." Any suggestions on how to correct/fix this issue is greatly appreciated.

I'm not SURE that behavior is wrong. Turning off flight failures just tells RF to not generate them randomly. Why shouldn't manually telling it to generate a failure actually do it even though randomly generated ones don't happen?

As @Bill Stuntz suggested, that is intended behavior. With flight failures frequency set to never, they will not occur randomly during flight, but the 'F' key does still triggers a failure. If you press it, you are saying, "I don't care about randomly occurring flight failures; I want to force one right now."

The only type of flight failure enabled by default is Structural Integrity, so when you press 'F', pieces break off. If you change which failure types are enabled/disabled, it will affect the types of failures you'll see when pressing 'F'.

I'm not sure why you'd press that key if you don't want a flight failure to occur.

Back