Canopy not visible after editing colorscheme

ToonBorghijs

Hi guys

i just made my colorscheme of my krill extra for real flight as I have it in real life.
When i was finished i noticed that the canopy (clear part) was gone.
I have not changed anythting about that part in the .tga file.
Does anybody know how to fix it?

TIA.

Here are some pictures to clarify it more.
1616279186309.png1616279364744.png
1616279208329.png
1616279428656.png

Try this CS, see if the canopy shows for you.

Attachments

• Extra 330sc Canopy_CS.RFX
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • Canopy.jpg
    Canopy.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 12
yes it does! Thank you.
Can you point out what I did wrong?

my proces of editing was:
-in real flight "save as ..." with a already existing colorscheme.
-opening the tga file in adobe illustrator, editing it
-exporting this .ai file to a .tga file with the same name as the colorscheme
-reopening the CS in RF

the colors change, but the canopy disapears

Last edited:
Consider using Gimp 2 to edit the tga file. It's free. Illustrator probably left off a layer.

It may have been Illustrator that caused the "missing canopy" as BrokeDad suggested.
All I did was to download your .tga picture in post #1
Saved a color scheme of the original model within RF.
Then did a copy and paste (of your post #1 pic) to the RF color scheme and saved it as a .tga with photoshop.

Very weird, i have tried many different methods of exporting it to .tga file.
like first exorting it to a .jpg then opening it in photoshop and then exporting it to .tga

would somebody be willing to try to use my .tga file to make the scheme? if it works I know it's my method otherwise it is something with my pc or RF itself.

here's a we transfer link to the file since I seem to not be able to upload it in this post

TIA

Very weird, i have tried many different methods of exporting it to .tga file.
like first exorting it to a .jpg then opening it in photoshop and then exporting it to .tga

would somebody be willing to try to use my .tga file to make the scheme? if it works I know it's my method otherwise it is something with my pc or RF itself.

here's a we transfer link to the file since I seem to not be able to upload it in this post

TIA
If you look at the TGA file you got when you saved the original color scheme you'll see it's a 32 bit TGA file with an ALPHA channel, the ALPHA channel is where the "transparency" is located. So what you need to do is Open the original TGA file you saved from RealFlight and then select everything in the RGB layer and delete it and then copy and paste your modified color scheme into it. Then make sure you save the color scheme as a 32 Bit TGA file. Then the transparency for the canopy should work again. Of course the most important thing is do you know about ALPHA channels.

Ok thanks guys. It is the first time I made my own colorsheme and I did not know about an alpha layer. Also I never saved my files as an 32 bit TGA file.

Everything works now ?

Back