Can't leave Replay/Video Mode

LiPo

Dear Community,
I am new to RC-Planes and would like to practice flying with RealFlight 7. Let's start with the good things. Installation worked fine. Using my Graupner 8-Ch Transmitter works also, at least for 4-Channels (Calibration and Mode 2 Control were successful set up).

Unfortunately when I chose a scenery or a plane, the plane is set to starting position and nearly at the same time a kind of Video Mode starts and no flying is possible. After restarting RF7 several times as admin I was able to practice for nearly 10 min. Then the same Problem occured again. The Trainer for Starts/Landing works fine, but now again, I just see an artificially smoothed Video Mode view of the plane. However, the Controls still work.

Thanks a lot if there is anybody, who could help me.
Jens

Get us some Screenshot's of what you are seeing and post them here. I have tried to replicate your problem and cannot. I have tried the trainers, and they work for me as designed, and to get out of them I select Exit under the Trainer menu at the top left of the screen. Exiting the trainer will put you back into Free flight mode.

If for some reason you are in a recording, there is an X in the top Right corner of the recording playback control box that will exit the Recording playback control and put you back into normal flight as noted in the photo attached.

Attachments

• Playback photo.JPG
    Playback photo.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 5
  • trainer exit.JPG
    trainer exit.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Screenshots of the Problem

Hi,
thanks for your answer. Here is a Screenshot of the view that I cannot leave:
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3738/7hqouq39_jpg.htm

And for the sake of better understanding the messages in English:
This is what happens.

1. I choose an airplane (Nexstar):
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3738/7r7u8y6n_jpg.htm

2. The airplane is set to starting position:
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3738/g3booriz_jpg.htm

3. Immedeatly the screen changes as follows:
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3738/ov42yl8o_jpg.htm

Is it possible that my interface box is defect? The button at the box is to reset/rewind and in the bullet point No. 3 it is written "entering rewind". It seems that a Video Mode is started and the Video rewinds to the beginning. Then the "pause" symbol appears in the top right corner in place of the rewind sign.

And here Screenshot of the Trainer that works fine:
http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3738/hnrqwmyc_jpg.htm

Regards,
Jens

a kind of Video Mode starts and no flying is possible

That description is rather vague and does not give us much to go on.

Given that you said you were able to fly for 10 minutes and then reported a problem it is likely that either your computer has video driver issues or is overheating.

Start by DOWNLOADING the DirectX9.0c redistributable installer from Microsoft.

Download the newest drivers for your video card, something released this year.

Uninstall the current drivers, reboot, install the new drivers, reboot again, install DirectX9.0c, reboot.

As admin, bring up the Realflight launcher and set Realflight to it's defaults.

Exit Realflight and again as admin run Realflight, set up your graphics modes, calibrate the Interlink, and exit.

Finally run Realflight normally.

Agreed.

Another option would be to try "Tuner cleaner" or "Electronics bath" on the switch then let it dry for a few minutes before plugging the Interlink into the computer.

Agreed.

Another option would be to try "Tuner cleaner" or "Electronics bath" on the switch then let it dry for a few minutes before plugging the Interlink into the computer.

I don't know "Tuner cleaner" or "Electronics bath". Sounds like cleaning the hardware. Since I bought RF7 only 8 days ago I will return it and hope for a new interface that works.

Workaround

Hi all,

I finally found a workaround :D. In the settings menu the rewind function can be disabled what solved the problem for me and using the simulation function is now possible. Apparently the rewind function is disabled in the Trainer Mode for "Start" and "Landing". However, it now seems evident that my Computer (and its configuration) was not the root cause for the problem and I will return RF7 and the interface to get a new one. Unfortunately this means no practicing for several days.... :(

Thanks for your answers.

I don't know "Tuner cleaner" or "Electronics bath". Sounds like cleaning the hardware. Since I bought RF7 only 8 days ago I will return it and hope for a new interface that works.

Normally both of these are pretty safe.

Tuner or contact cleaner helps flush debris out of the switch contacts that may be causing your problem.

I only mention it in case you are unable to easily return the hardware which is really the most preferable solution.

Remember to "unregister" your existing copy before you return it.

LiPo, it does indeed sound like the reset/rewind button on your RealFlight Interface is either stuck in the pressed down position or incorrectly thinks it is stuck being pressed.

Just to make sure you understand how it works: Pressing and releasing that button resets your aircraft; pressing and holding it engages the rewind feature. You probably already know that, but maybe you've been using the auto-reset feature all this time and didn't realize that button even exists? We really have no way of knowing from here.

I recommend checking that button and making sure it isn't just caught in the device housing somehow in a way that's holding it down. Assuming you can't fix whatever is happening, you should definitely contact tech support or your original point of sale. They will take care of you.

hi i own a graupner mz12 pro, will this work with RF9 using the supplied usb cable that came with graupner by connecting to the pc and the transmitter or do i need to buy an interface or something else to be able to run RF9
greatly appreciate your help

Back