Can't run Evolution!

It wont run on my gaming PC. The dev team removed support for Win 7.
I must have misinterpreted what you said. My understanding was "I was excited to get it running on my gaming PC, but I can't make it work on the antique." I wouldn't call that machine a "gaming PC." To me, "gaming PC" implies a relatively recent PC with high end video. I made a similar mistake when RF-X was released, thinking my video card was "good enough" since it had 2G RAM & was DX12 compatible. I got 6fps in RF-X, and about 75fps under RF7. I'm not sure whether ANY CPU that will work in your AM3+ m/b will run Win10. I gotta agree with csgill75 that you probably need a new PC. There are plenty of refurbished PC's available for $250 or so that would probably be fine. But I'd recommend something that's compatible with Win11 since Win10 support will end about 2 years and you'll be back in the same boat too soon if you go too cheap. The cheapest ones are not Win11 compatible.

Have you tried "compatibility mode" under Win10 for the programs that run under Win7 but won't run under W10?

Ya but I have a few important apps and that will not run with win10.
I've found that a lot of older apps that were made back in the Windows 7 days still work fine on Windows 10.

It's things that were made more recently that are no longer compatible with 7 and require 10 or 11.

It wont run on my gaming PC. The dev team removed support for Win 7.
The dev Team did not go out of the way to remove support for windows 7. More likely when they moved to a 64 bit architecture, because that has to happen to further development of Realflight, the new libraries and files required for Realflight to function do not support Windows 7. Microsoft created those files and Microsoft more than likely chose to drop Windows 7 support as it is a depreciated product. I get it that there are old softwares out there that don't like anything other than Windows 7, but that just means that those developers need to do their job and upgrade their software or it could mean that you need to update the software to work.

I'm getting the exact same "Error loading DLL AppCore.dll" on my windows 8 machine. I have a Windows 10 machine aswell and RF Evo wont run on that either as it runs Directx 12 rather than 11 !! from what I've read, even a brand new machine won't solve these problems as the RF Evo software is only compatible with a particular set of PC combinations !!!

I believe when we've seen this occur on non-Windows 7 machines, it has ended up being an issue with the Visual C++ runtime.

Did you see post #3 in this thread? Please follow those steps.

Whoops, I meant to also respond to the rest of your post, @Martyg56.

RealFlight Evolution actually runs on a very wide range of PCs. It should work on pretty much any current machine. Don't be misled by your computer reporting DirectX 12. If your system hardware truly supports DirectX 11, or DirectX 12 (which means it will also support 11), then it will run Evo.

It is also possible you were thrown by reports of compatibility issues with machines that do not fully support DirectX 9, but those issues are now solved by Evolution running on DirectX 11.

The problem is that even though a computer has DirectX 12 installed, its hardware may not actually support DirectX 11 or 12 feature levels. More on that here. So, if you're trying to run RF and it is explicitly telling you on startup that your system does not support DX11, that's a different matter. But that should only ever occur on PCs that are quite old and/or have a nonstandard graphics adapter. In that case you can still revert to a version of Evolution that runs on DirectX 9 (details here). And if you update to a newer machine in the future, you will be able to run the latest version available.

Thanks for so much trying to help Ryan.
I've spent literally days now trying to get my newly purchased RF Evolution software to work. The best I've managed so far is to get it working by using the Deprecated Dx9 Beta on my windows 10 laptop. I was seriously considering investing in a brand new laptop, that was until I read this would not neccessarily solve the problem. The very last thing I wish to do is spend serious money on a new machine to have the same problems.
I have an E-flite Air Tractor model and was really looking forward to practising flying it on the RF sim. Having downloaded the Air Tractor file and got it running (Just about - some of the functions don't even work) it looks nothing like it does here....
https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/e-flite-air-tractor_ea.25245/updates
I can only assume the deprecated Dx9 beta is visually greatly inferior to the latest version of Realflight ?
Anyways enough for now, having spent 3 more fruitless hours on this thing I'm off to bed ;- )

Back