Can't Scale aircraft?

JWMFLYING14

Hey guys, recently got a new computer and over the past 6 months real flight has been sitting around not getting used! This was due to my lack of CD drive, therefore I could not install my RF on my new laptop....

Long story short I finally got off my lazy butt and bought an external disk drive. I installed RF, as well as the new update, and I no longer have the ability to scale aircraft. Not only can I not Scale aircraft, or scale the image, but I can not adjust the "structural integrity/strength" like I used to be able to...

Did something change recently?

Does anyone have a work around?

(Note, only a few of my downloaded planes imported to RF as well... these are all planes that previously worked.)

Thanks guys!!

It sounds like you need to enable advanced properties in the editor. From the Options menu, select Display Properties->Advanced.

The per-component Strength Multiplier property is an advanced setting. So is Vehicle Graphical Scale at the top of the hierarchy. They should appear after making the change above.

You can rescale the physics by selecting Edit->Rescale Physics to->...

Oops. I just realized I may have given you some bad info. You posted in the G5 forum. If that's the version you have, Vehicle Physics Scale will appear as an advanced property at the top level of the hierarchy alongside Vehicle Graphical Scale, instead of being replaced by the scaling option I described in the Edit menu. I was thinking of later versions.

I'm sure you noticed that if you have G5. I mention it for anyone else who may come along later.

Yup, it is back to the way I am used to! Thanks a ton.

On a side note... If I were to try and transfer the "cache" (including my old edited aircraft, etc...)

How would I go about doing that?

Do you know what sub-file this would be saved under on my old laptop?

You'll have to be more specific. Are you trying to copy it for backup purposes? Are you trying to transfer it to a different computer that will be running the same version of RealFlight? Are you trying to migrate it to a more recent version of RealFlight on the same machine?

Ooops sorry.

I upgraded to a new laptop. I installed the same RF (serial number and all) on my new laptop, however I would like to use all the planes and "edited" planes from my old laptop (same RF software, etc...). Essentially copy all "saved" or "cached" data from my old lap top.

Thanks again for all the help!
Justin

Thanks Maj.

Unfortunately that didn't work either. It seems as if it get to the point where it would import the files, then it crashes and stops responding.

Alternatives:
you could go to your download folder in the old lappy
I know I have everything I've EVER dL'd from Swaps in my active DL folder .or one that's been backed up on an external....and put them on a thumb drive or some other type of external memory and then just re-import the g3x and rfx files from there
(TIP: Because RF allows Batch Import Organize the folder by "TYPE" so you can right click /highlight multiple files at a time .. ..so its not that hard or time consuming)

I don't care what anyone here tells you .....ALWAYS IMPORT FILES into RF...DON'T COPY/PASTE old folder to new folder it will cause problems later on like missing or broken components,like custom props ,blades sounds, missing engines, motors, motor edits , missing custom AP objects etc etc .........and etc.....
things can get missed .....for example, many folks are surprised to learn that a single CSs can contain as many as 7 files each !
and if you have your folder organized in any other way but "name"... the average user will miss some of those files... just always import , you're better off in the long run

Worst case scenario....
If you have custom content that YOU created in the old machine, you could load each EA(if any) AV CS and AP and EXPORT them to RFX files if you have not yet done so ...
( TIP : I ALWAYS EXPORT ALL of my custom work as RFx files(Simulation>Export>?fill in the blank?"( EA AV CS AP PI) ,even before I'm done while still editing them , weather or not I plan to upload them to Swaps... they take up far less space and are easier to back up and retrieve later on as Rfx files !)

After EXPORTING them ONLY THEN go to the RFX folder in the old machine and put all of the content of the folder on a thumb drive or some other kind of memory
and IMPORT ( Simulation>Import>RealFlight Archive Rfx G3x files} into the new lappys RF from the memory device

AND don't forget to back up/retrieve all of the PSD files used to create CSs in the CS folder if you used .psd files (recommended) ..BTW as .psd files are not active RF files , these CAN be copy /pasted to somewhere ..if your'e done with them I Recommend an external drive or even a new folder outside of RF... no need to load up the CS folder with them ...............hope this helps good luck

Last edited:
Back