Can't Select New Aircraft

glydic

I have about five Real Flight simulators that we use at school for our after school rc club students. The software worked great back before covid and after installing on our new machines it loads and when we attempt to change aircraft the program freezes and the program needs to shut down. This problem is consistent between machines and on all RealFlight versions 7.5 and 4.5. Is there anything I can do to fix this? We have nearly $1,000 invested already. Thanks!

I have about five Real Flight simulators that we use at school for our after school rc club students. The software worked great back before covid and after installing on our new machines it loads and when we attempt to change aircraft the program freezes and the program needs to shut down. This problem is consistent between machines and on all RealFlight versions 7.5 and 4.5. Is there anything I can do to fix this? We have nearly $1,000 invested already. Thanks!
What kind of graphics card does the new machines use? Sometimes there are problems with Radeon graphics.

Apparently it will let me switch to a fixed wing airplane but none of the helicopters. Just tried several different planes with success. But frozen again with heli.
Okay that doesn't sound like a graphics card problem. I don't know what it is maybe someone else will.

I have RF 9.5s and have many custom downloads but now I am having the shut down problem when I attempt to change aircraft. I had this happen before and went into RF launcher 9.5 and could change planes and return to 9.5s and delete the problem aircraft. This time nothing works. Any assistance would be appreciated. I am using Windows 10.

Browse to; C/Users/username/documents/realflight9/vehicles/custom vehicles and delete the problem aircraft that you have downloaded from the Swaps pages.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help. That fixed the problem for me. problem aircraft was McDonnell XP-67 turboprop. You certainly helped me out. Thanks again. Fred

Apparently it will let me switch to a fixed wing airplane but none of the helicopters. Just tried several different planes with success. But frozen again with heli.
@glydic What CPU are you using? (Is it an Intel 12th or 13th generation), it looks like you are because of the Intel Iris Xe graphics display adapter.

Go to the search tab (top right of this screen) and do search for dxvk or 12th generation Intel fix, for possible solutions. Unfortunately, the DXVK fix (d3d9.dll) does not work on many versions of RF9 or RF9s but the d3d9.dll fix does work for RF7, RF8 and RFE.

Back