CD Key problems

WingDude

I just received a upgrade to G6 today
Every time I go to run it, it wants me to enter the Cd codes even though I already have them entered. So I enter them again, but I wants me to keep entering them.
Basically Realflight won't remember/keep my codes and won't let me start the simulator, it is just an endless cycle.

WingDude said:
I just received a upgrade to G6 today
Every time I go to run it, it wants me to enter the Cd codes even though I already have them entered. So I enter them again, but I wants me to keep entering them.
Basically Realflight won't remember/keep my codes and won't let me start the simulator, it is just an endless cycle.

My best guess, and that is all it is, is that you are running under windows 7, and it has to do with what accounts you are running under with administrator.

Madratter said:
My best guess, and that is all it is, is that you are running under windows 7, and it has to do with what accounts you are running under with administrator.

Only one account on the PC, and it's administrator

Windows 7

Try selecting Run as Administrator before launching Realflight 6. Even though you are logged in with "Administrator" rights it is not the same. If this is the issue the selecting Run as Administrator should allow you to register.

Make sure that you are not having problems with the zero and "O", 1 and I in the serial numbers for your Realflight 6 DVD and Interlink Controller.

Good luck.

See the two posts above....

Yes running it as "administrator" may be necessary to permit the files to be written to the correct places and the registry keys created properly.

If you find that doesn't work, do what Jeff suggested and check your AV software.

One other thing....

If you have unusual character's in your logged in user account, you may see this behaviour as the program can't path to the correct location.

Try logging in not just as an administrative level user, but as the actual "administrator" account using that account name.

Then run RF while logged in and enter the codes.

If ALL else fails, try turning off UAC, reboot, enter the codes, exit, turn on UAC, reboot and you should be fine.

Back