A

Chaos S9_EA

asj5547

asj5547 submitted a new upload:

Chaos S9_EA

The Rans S-9 Chaos is an American single-engined, tractor configuration, single-seat, mid-wing monoplane designed by Randy Schlitter as an inexpensive aerobatic aircraft
that will allow sportsman competition aerobatics to be flown or even advanced aerobatics if inverted fuel and oil systems are installed,the S9 Chaos is manufactured by
Rans Inc.
The Chaos is available in kit form for amateur construction, estimated build time 500 man-hours.
Production of the S-9 was ended as part of...

View the Swap Page

The picture is gone on the swap pages now...and there`s no access to the file when I click on it....anyone else seeing that...???...It`s there,...but it`s not...???....I already D`ld the plane yesterday..

HMMMM...just looked again...here`s what I see looking at the swap page...and then, when I click on the file, I get the "Oops" message....

Attachments

• CHAOS 1.PNG
    CHAOS 1.PNG
    44.9 KB · Views: 13
  • CHAOS 2.PNG
    CHAOS 2.PNG
    15.7 KB · Views: 13
Go to the page using the link above where just that plane shows then download using the green box in the upper right corner

Hmmm. everything is back to normal.....BD, as I stated,, I already D`ld the plane yesterday, (I do know how to do that.. ? ? ) I was just curious as to why the pic. disappeared as well as the the ability to D`ld it, in the event others wanted to D`ld it......I was just curious if others were seeing what I saw, (as in my pics.)

whoo hoo; finally landed this baby, and without knocking the gear off !

... very cool canopy, noticed that the control stick is properly animated too. What is the correct control sequence on landing to activate the brakes? Well, I set it down at about 1/3 field, slow rolled to about half or so... reduced power way back and then tried to use up elevator (if I understand correctly) but she took off again.

:p

marcus

Last edited:
I think you have to wait for it slow down a little more, I do notice (on up elev.) the brakes being effective at somewhat of high taxi speed...could possibly need a little more braking pressure./.%, could be a fine line though, in order to prevent a nose over.

aah, gotcha; man the details on this plane are fabulous. I went into the editor and have noticed that the cockpit is completely animated... throttle, rudder pedals, even the instruments respond; like, run the throttle up and watch the gauges. very cool.

marcus

There are other things that you might try adjusting in the editor, rolling resistance on the wheels ...frontal drag on the fuse to slow the approach without relying on throttle so much to do so, and others..to many to mention.. and yes, the animation is very cool.. ?

Yeah, you have to wait for some ground speed to bleed off before applying up elevator for the brakes or the model will become airborne, and yes I tried increasing the brakes percentage for stopping power, but too much and as U T said the model will nose over.
Have you tried night flight, the Chaos S9 has working navigation lights, strobe lights and gauges light up as well.

Yes, was just night-flying from the Flight School airport | field. Definitely a cool model; makes me want to fly the real one!

marcus

Try this AV that was done by PilotAt6 (he originally requested the Chaos) the AV has an auto start system (3 way switch)
Down ~Engine off and all all switches and lights off
Middle ~Dash key rotates, gauges light up and switches move, which starts the dash lights sequence
Up ~Engine starts and gauges become active
PilotAt6's AV has a much better gauges animation than I did, I just did the basics and knew that PilotAt6 would work his magic on the model. (same for the dash lights and switches)
Channel 7 switch must be in the down position for full engine power.

This is a test beta version, PilotAt6 and his wife are recovering from Covid-19 at the moment (I send them both get well soon wishes)

Attachments

• Chaos S9_Half Scale_G2 Physics_AV.RFX
    342 KB · Views: 10
asj5547 ... Something to consider on brakes that seems to work well.
Legoman on one of his aircraft (don't remember exactly ) used the throttle to actuate brakes instead of the traditional elevator channel (He is full of good ideas) . Idle is full brakes and releases as you move the throttle forward. When you adjust the curve for the aircraft, it work well. Eliminates nose over ( tail raising) when down is used for tri gear, and eliminates flying again when using up on tail draggers.
I applied this technique to my latest version of the Chaos and prefer it.

A note on the Chaos. I couldn't get the compass to work accurately so I made it a banking indicator. I had to black out part of the "aircraft" needle", and the needle is a little short for the application, but useful as a gauge.

Love the aircraft !!!

Back