Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

i just flew it. I was making sounds of GLEE the whole time. Its flight characteristics are so natural, even in helicopter mode.

Flying upside down is SURREAL! 😄
I bet Caractacus Potts didn't know it could do that!
Chitty is 🪄MAGIC!🪄
Inverted flight works good in airplane mode but not in heli mode.
I was going to make 3ds models of the family to sit in Chitty, but would not have enough poly's remaining to make the seat belts. 😊 :unsure:

Hey ASJ I see you're using the Wolseley Viper sound profile but with high rpm values for the sound file names. You might consider renaming the sound profile because if anyone tries to use it with a normal engine the sound will be way off from the high rpm numbers in the sound filenames (at least I think that's right correct me if I'm wrong).
Are you saying that the sound profile was already in RealFlight?

Here are a couple of things that you probably already know about:
  • The rear elevator visual frame pops back to neutral at extreme up and extreme down controller input. I'm checking whether that's my controller's fault...
  • Chitty flies (in both modes) whether its wings are extended or not! SEE! IT IS MAGIC! Perhaps this is NOT a bug. IT'S A FEATURE! :love:

Last edited:
Well, I looked at the Radio tab in the Aircraft Editor and can see that the value goes smoothly from -100% to 100%. Hmmmm. :unsure: Is that the right place to check whether it's my controller's fault?
Well, I think I saw it happening in your latest video at about the 1 minute mark:

if you press play, it will go directly to 1:00, if I set it up correctly. Just keep your eye on the non-smoooth movement of the tail. It also happens during the heli-mode scene right after, especially starting at 1:21 and 1:29 ;) :

Last edited:
Are you saying that the sound profile was already in RealFlight?
I created a Wolseley Viper sound profile for my RAF SE5a in 2019 but I'm not sure that's the one ASJ used to create his Chitty Chitty sound profile from. But if he did that's fine with me because it sounds perfect for his Chitty Chitty. He would have needed to change the name of the sound files to match the rpm range of the engine in his Chitty Chitty. In RealFlight the name of each sound file is set to the rpm it matches.

• The rear elevator visual frame pops back to neutral at extreme up and extreme down. I'm checking whether that's my controller's fault...
  • Chitty flies (in both modes) whether its wings are extended or not! SEE! IT IS MAGIC! Perhaps this isn't a bug. IT'S A FEATURE! :love:
The same thing happens with me, in regards to the elev., so I would say that it`s not your TX`s fault.....And Asj, this thing is FANTASTIC...!!!!

• The rear elevator visual frame pops back to neutral at extreme up and extreme down controller input. I'm checking whether that's my controller's fault...
  • Chitty flies (in both modes) whether its wings are extended or not! SEE! IT IS MAGIC! Perhaps this is NOT a bug. IT'S A FEATURE! :love:
The elevator jumping back to neutral position is caused by the Linear Actuator I have assigned to it to move and hide the elevator when the wings retract.
So just right click on the Rear HSabs (I misspelt HStabs) Linear actuator and delete it, that will stop the elevator neutralizing at full up/down commands, BUT now the elevator will not retract with the wing, will post a fix for that later.
Yeah, Chitty will fly with wings retracted, maybe I can put an airspeed sensor on the vehicle to restrict airspeed below take off speed with wings retracted. ...Magic happens. 😊

Attachments

• Rear HStabs.jpg
    Rear HStabs.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 4
I created a Wolseley Viper sound profile for my RAF SE5a in 2019 but I'm not sure that's the one ASJ used to create his Chitty Chitty sound profile from. But if he did that's fine with me because it sounds perfect for his Chitty Chitty. He would have needed to change the name of the sound files to match the rpm range of the engine in his Chitty Chitty. In RealFlight the name of each sound file is set to the rpm it matches.
Yes it is the Wolseley Viper sound file I am using, I did not realize it was your file Technoid, in the editor it gives no indication of who the author is, (they should give credit where credit is due).
So that begs the question, where can I find similar sound files, how did you make the Wolseley Viper tracks. ?

Back