Commercial Uses

pianoman95*

Is it possible to earn money/income using unmaned drones? I did some research on different Commercial uses for Drones. Some the ones that stuck out to me are video tours for property, strategizing your golf game, monitoring crops, Adding in search and rescue efforts. Let me know what you think!

Which currently requires a pilot's license.

It is estimated that the commercial certification is at least a 5K expense for a business or individual.

Then there are the privacy rules...

For instance one idiot decided that it would be neat to film our town's annual event.

So he took a bunch of videos and posted them all over the web stating that he had been "hired" to do so by the town leaders.

He did this in violation of the FAA SFRA, FAA privacy restrictions ( e.g. no flying over private land, no flying over crowds, etc. etc. etc. ).

And then he went as far as hanging out a shingle and advertising his services. Needless to say he is in a bit of hot water over all of this now.

Last edited:
This is a simulator forum, your questions about commercial certification should be directed to a RC forum or the FAA website for further information.

You need an FAA pilots license. I would be looking at the various websites dedicated to Multi-rotor aircraft for these answers. Some of the answers you seek are rather unclear. One thing that is clear, if you get caught being paid for flying without the 336 paperwork, you will have FAA problems.

Back