Comparison between RealFlight Basic and RealFlight G4.5

Cool thanks for the link. I didn't even know they were doing that. Smart move by them. I'm sure they did their market research into how it would sell.

Vert been running Phoenix and G4.5 back to back for 3 months now and
G4.5 actually "a little good".

You do need to spend time looking out some G4.5 models via the Swap pages as the stock ones are pretty pants and nothing special. Also playing with a few other settings like the tail/Gyro settings. You have to remember g4.5 is also a little buggy as it also is undergoing a re-vamp from G4 but nothing worse than Phoenix has/is.

G4.5 def needs more computing power/graphics performance to run sweet.

Phoenix models fly way to well and have a horrid Floaty feel about it at the Mo, also gravity is too weak. The weather settings are not so good turbulence wise as G4.5. For Quick setup Phoenix wins hands down, has a nice Simple interface and lots of Real Models and the water effects are sublime.

Vert been running Phoenix and G4.5 back to back for 3 months now and
G4.5 actually "a little good".

What the heck does THAT mean? "little good"????

:eek:

You do need to spend time looking out some G4.5 models via the Swap pages as the stock ones are pretty pants and nothing special.

Utter nonsense.

I've purchased real world RC aircraft based upon the same models in the sim.

Not only is the sim accurate with the included models, but if you configure your real world RC aircraft identically, you get exactly the same performance.

e.g. I purchased the same motor that Realflight emulates in the Reactor 3D EP plane, and the performance of my real plane is FAR BETTER than the recommended setup from Great Planes....

You have to remember g4.5 is also a little buggy as it also is undergoing a re-vamp from G4 but nothing worse than Phoenix has/is.

Really where?

Multiple updates quashed problems as they came up.

G4.5 def needs more computing power/graphics performance to run sweet.

Not true at all.

You can even run G4.5 on Integrated graphics adapters, something other sims including Phoenix has a very hard time with.

If anything Phoenix's requirements are more severe.

For Quick setup Phoenix wins hands down, has a nice Simple interface and lots of Real Models and the water effects are sublime.

Phoenix 4.x came out LONG AFTER G4.5

Realflight has far more Horizon models available for it than Phoenix does.

Phoenix has relatively few Horizon ( it's parent vendor ) models and almost nothing from other vendors.

We are running G6.5 now not G4.5 which you are talking about.

Phoenix's water effects do not hold a candle to G6.5's much better effects which include

- debris on the water surface
- ripples and plane waves
- wave ripple shadow effects
- etc. etc. etc.

G5 and above also introduced Quick configuration menus that are worlds better than Phoenix.

If you are going to compare, get your comparisons right!

Phoenix has nothing to do with this thread anyway. His post makes no sense, considering this forum was designed to be used by people who bought RF.

Back