Compatibility issue with older CPUs

I assume they know all of the interlink numbers that are valid for G5 interlink controllers and could put up a download ISO file that we can all use a build that accepts any valid G5 controller. So I feel they can do this fix for AMD users as a download file and still maintain the controller as a dongle key. This would solve the customization of each disk issue and more quickly get the new software to us useres with this problem and at the same time get quicker feedback if there are still issues.

hardwork12 said:
This would solve the customization of each disk issue and more quickly get the new software to us useres with this problem and at the same time get quicker feedback if there are still issues.
Yeah, I'm sure they totally overlooked that option. :confused:

Yeah I was afraid of that

Guess I'll drop the 'Product Support' staff an email, with follow up call in order to recieve the G5 fix-disc... I've waited this long; I guess a lil longer won't kill me.

Thanks all for all the threads on the matter; at least the forum prep'd me for what I was in store for and what to do to resolve the problem.

Great communications, and hats off to those who've gone before :D

/R
(Still) Anxious Dad

I think send them your interlink serial number and an address to send it to not sure what else they need.

Don't know why they just don't immediately send all of us dissapointed individuals G4.5 which has been out a while and I don't see posts on this issue and then when fixed ship us an upgrade to G5 once the problem is solidly fixed. This would allow them time to properly test the fixes and get us alll up and running. The only users right now that can download the latest version are those that do not have this issue as they can get at their launchers we can't do that as we need the new release just to install.

IN GENERAL I HOPE 2010 WILL BE A GREAT YEAR AND A HAPPY HOLIDAY TO ALL ! :) Including the staff for Realflight G5 they I am sure are not pleased right now either and I sincerely hope they will do good for the customers.

Last edited:
So, Merry Christmas... It looks like I am walking into a problem with my Athlon XP

well it looks like I am in the same boat as many as I have the Athlon XP 3000+

I cannot make head or tails if the issue has been resolved with the update others are mentioning in the previous posts.

Is there still an issue? Is this something that will be fixed when I call the support line?

Thanks if any one can provide an answer as I have one young kid who is massively bummed as we sit through the non-install as well as one big kid (me) :(

Hope so but they have known of this problem back in November I will give it a little time and if it is not fixed soon I guess I will see if I can get G4.5 somewhere at a discount and then sell the G5 on EBAY and minimize my losses. I am in a club so may post to see if anyone wants to swap G4.5 for G5 +$50 the upgrade cost $99 I think so we both make out as I really don't need G5. My preference is that I get a fixed version within a week :mad:

Update works with AMD Athlon 3000+

wedge said:
well it looks like I am in the same boat as many as I have the Athlon XP 3000+

I cannot make head or tails if the issue has been resolved with the update others are mentioning in the previous posts.

Is there still an issue? Is this something that will be fixed when I call the support line?

Thanks if any one can provide an answer as I have one young kid who is massively bummed as we sit through the non-install as well as one big kid (me) :(

I received the updated disc today and installed it on my AMD Athlon XP 3000+. I installed all 5 addons first and then all 6 expansion packs in numerical order. The only hiccup I had was during the installation of expansion pack 4. Installation failed because of a decompress error, but I re-booted and was able to install it successfully the second time.

For graphic settings:

Clouds No
Particles No
Scenery Objects Yes
Shadows Enabled No
Soft Shadow Enabled No
Terrain Detail No
Trees Yes
Wind Field Indicators Yes
Post - processing: Bloom No
Post - processing: Night Flying Glow Yes
Post - processing: Depth of Field None
Foliage Density (%) 4
Normal Maps No
Water Quality Medium
Water Particle Quality Medium
Water Shadow Quality Off
Shadow Quality Low
Shadow Map Quality High
Particle Quality Highest
Streamer Quality High
Texture Quality High
Misc. Graphics Quality High
Brightness (%) 40
Contrast (%) 60

**Disclaimer**
These settings are the result of 5 minutes of tweaking. If you someone has a better suggestion please let me know. With my Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS and the settings above, I am getting frame rates greater than 100 for the default sod farm.

Hope I have rhe same luck Congrats!! and enjoy :) Appreciate the post of your sucess

Anyone know what the best twelephone number is to call I have sent e-mails with the pertinent info but assuming they are "swamped" with e-mails I want to call as well.

jeffpn:

Thanks I sent the info already to the e-mail supplied in the link so hopefully it won't be long. I fogot about that "sticky" post :eek: Always appreciate your help.

rc_sportpilot's:

Thanks for the posted info on tweaking frame rate I will use those to start with really appreciate the information will be a big help. Enjoy your G5 :)

To help expedite getting the disk did I leave anything out in my e-mail:

Hope they look past my RANT :mad: so I sent a second e-mail stating my vitals as well.

I sent the interlink serial number and my current address do they ask for any more information like proof of purchase or where bought etc. ? Its new not previously installed or owned.

Last edited:
What to expect from support today

I started calling Real Flight support at about 8:45 CST

217-398-8970 (Option 1)

I got a busy signal for the for the first four calls.

On the fifth call, I was placed on hold. I waited for 10 minutes.

The support technician took my name and address but did not ask for any serial numbers.

The support technician said that a new DVD will be mailed tomorrow and to expect it to arrive in a week.

The support technician said they are very busy.

ifoguy said:
The support technician said that a new DVD will be mailed tomorrow and to expect it to arrive in a week.

The support technician said they are very busy.

Yeah I bet they are!

Historically we see the largest inrush of new forum users here around this time of year too.

I can imagine that they are on the phone for long periods of time too.

rc_sportpilot said:
I received the updated disc today and installed it on my AMD Athlon XP 3000+. I installed all 5 addons first and then all 6 expansion packs in numerical order. The only hiccup I had was during the installation of expansion pack 4. Installation failed because of a decompress error, but I re-booted and was able to install it successfully the second time.

For graphic settings:

Clouds No
Particles No
Scenery Objects Yes
Shadows Enabled No
Soft Shadow Enabled No
Terrain Detail No
Trees Yes
Wind Field Indicators Yes
Post - processing: Bloom No
Post - processing: Night Flying Glow Yes
Post - processing: Depth of Field None
Foliage Density (%) 4
Normal Maps No
Water Quality Medium
Water Particle Quality Medium
Water Shadow Quality Off
Shadow Quality Low
Shadow Map Quality High
Particle Quality Highest
Streamer Quality High
Texture Quality High
Misc. Graphics Quality High
Brightness (%) 40
Contrast (%) 60

**Disclaimer**
These settings are the result of 5 minutes of tweaking. If you someone has a better suggestion please let me know. With my Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS and the settings above, I am getting frame rates greater than 100 for the default sod farm.

wow, we have cloned computers. I had built mine and have the same specs for processor and card. Going to call them right now...

Keith

Only on hold for 5 minutes - seems to be simple

Knock on wood, The CS guy was very nice....took down my information....no current serial numbers needed.....and is sending me the latest version DVD for the upgrade disc....

I will log back and let others know when it arrives and hopefully based on rcpilots information I can be up and running...

guess it is time to upgrade my computer. I have this giant case so I will have to head over to zipzoomfly and get a shopping list of parts to gut the inside of this one :rolleyes:

Keith

Must have been a different CS operator

wedge said:
Knock on wood, The CS guy was very nice....took down my information....no current serial numbers needed.....and is sending me the latest version DVD for the upgrade disc....

I will log back and let others know when it arrives and hopefully based on rcpilots information I can be up and running...

guess it is time to upgrade my computer. I have this giant case so I will have to head over to zipzoomfly and get a shopping list of parts to gut the inside of this one :rolleyes:

Keith

I just got off the line with 'Nate' at the KE/RF help desk and he required the S/N from the back of the G5 box... maybe they're tightening up on just handing out the fix disc

i just ordered mine from tower, shipped out yesterday, i do have a athlon 2500 so im wondering if my disk will be the new version or i will have a problem and have to call them, be nice if tower has the new copy but for some reason im concerned about it now, guess i wll know in a few days

I got my updated disk yesterday but still have the same issues. Realflight tech has been real responsive and hope that it is just a bad older copy. Will have to check the version on the disk to be sure.
Allan G.

Back