computer sticks - windoze 7 64 bit

The Zotac 1060 is an Nvidia card.
The latest drivers for the 1060 (version 466.11) are the same drivers for Windows 7 64bit and 10, 64bit and the same driver I am using for my 2080 video card
RF9.5 and RF-X work perfect on my Win10 system.
Zotac GTX 1060 and GTX 670 (Tail_Spin's old card) use the same recommended drivers on the Nvidia web site, version 466.11

Yup that's what I have right now 466.11 drivers. And every single thing runs on my system without any issues or instability except RF9. So my deduction is that it probably is something to do with the drivers as marcushh777 says but I'm thinking it is some call to a low level library function that is happening in the RF code. Some obscure conflict that most likely will be hard to find without my actual machine to observe while running. Probably would have to use a software debugger maybe even at the assembly level to actually step through and trap the fault. And I suppose they are not going to go that far for one customer. If things do not improve after installing Win 10 and latest drivers I will be done for life with RF and will definitely let everyone else know about my unpleasant experience. Pretty much completely useless response from tech support, ... basically I'm on my own. I don't care about the cost or the lost money, I'm just really disappointing in not being able to use the product now that we are getting close to good flying weather. My solution so far has been to install on another machine that I have here and use it, ... not optimal but it works. Not really what I want, it's kind of like getting the very last piece of cake that everyone else didn't want and they have poked it with their fork and tossed it around, lol

RF9.5 works great on my Win10 PC with all the latest Windows updates and Nvidia GTX 2080 card using the Nvidia 466.11 drivers.

P1060637.JPG
Loads splash screen ok

P1060639_cropped.jpg
Loads the top menuP1060641_cropped.jpg
Then CaBOOM! Looks like the video driver but how come every other piece of software works except RF9. I'm playing Wildlands, Siege, P3D-v4, Wrechfest, BeamNG, theHunter: Call of the wild, plus many many more and lots of other memory and graphic intensive software all without a single issue or glitch. So even though it is a video driver issue. I would expect that RF would be able to work just the same as all the other software on my machine. Obviously it is some conflict with some function call that is causing this with the Zotec drivers. I suppose I could try nVidia drivers if I can find them for this video card.

For those interested, nvlddmkm.sys information link:

Hmmm, seems I have some reading to do.

Attachments

• P1060637.JPG
    P1060637.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 16
  • P1060639.JPG
    P1060639.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 1
  • P1060642.JPG
    P1060642.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I'm playing Wildlands, Siege, P3D-v4, Wrechfest, BeamNG, theHunter: Call of the wild, plus many many more and lots of other memory and graphic intensive software all without a single issue or glitch. So even though it is a video driver issue. I would expect that RF would be able to work just the same as all the other software on my machine.
Yeah, more likely than not, your other video games are not using DirectX 9.

This is a little like that Doctor joke; "hey doc, it hurts when I hold my arm up..."; Doc says, "well, don't hold your arm up".

I'm using Win 10, NVidia 1660 Ti; Return the Zotac card, and try another.

marcus

Yeah, more likely than not, your other video games are not using DirectX 9.

This is a little like that Doctor joke; "hey doc, it hurts when I hold my arm up..."; Doc says, "well, don't hold your arm up".

I'm using Win 10, NVidia 1660 Ti; Return the Zotac card, and try another.

marcus
Darn, Looks like I'm stuck with eating the last piece of cake, (see previous post). I was hoping to get a 3080 soon but since covid, nobody seems to have any decent video cards. What is your opinion on the EVGA 3080? BTW, thanks for the help and insight. It wasn't until I read the crash screen thoroughly that I got the whack on the side of the head as to what is happening. A while back I was planning on a 2080 but then saw the 3080 coming out and decided to wait. Guess that was a bad move with covid on the way.

Last edited:
A while back I was planning on a 2080 but then saw the 3080 coming out and decided to wait. Guess that was a bad move with covid on the way.
Yeah, sadly. Covid has played havoc on getting chips, processors, motherboards, video cards, batteries, the works. HH is even having trouble getting their stuff in too; the transmitter I ordered for my son's birthday took four months to get in stock. Video cards, mother boards, and processor chips are taking 4-6 months in some cases.

marcus

Darn, Looks like I'm stuck with eating the last piece of cake, (see previous post). I was hoping to get a 3080 soon but since covid, nobody seems to have any decent video cards. What is your opinion on the MSI 3080? BTW, thanks for the help and insight. It wasn't until I read the crash screen thoroughly that I got the whack on the side of the head as to what is happening. A while back I was planning on a 2080 but then saw the 3080 coming out and decided to wait. Guess that was a bad move with covid on the way.
I'm curious would you mind answering a few questions.

What is your monitors native resolution?

What resolution do you run RealFlight at.. or try at least (what did you run it at with your old card)?

How much memory does your 1060 have?

How much memory did your 670 have?

I'm curious would you mind answering a few questions.

What is your monitors native resolution?

What resolution do you run RealFlight at.. or try at least (what did you run it at with your old card)?

How much memory does your 1060 have?

How much memory did your 670 have?

Running 3, 27" Acer Nitro UM.HV1AA.P02,
Link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07NFDRPKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However, I am not running them with Windows Surround, just running them as 3 individual monitors. When trying to run RF9 I am just running it on one monitor at 1920 x 1080.

Ran RF with the old video card at 1920 x 1080 only on one monitor. When I re-installed I set everything to defaults in RF9 setup screen.

Video card has 6 gigs of memory.

The old 670 had 2 gigs of ram.

Hmmm, making me think now, maybe there is some settings on the monitor that I could try.

Running 3, 27" Acer Nitro UM.HV1AA.P02,
Link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07NFDRPKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However, I am not running them with Windows Surround, just running them as 3 individual monitors. When trying to run RF9 I am just running it on one monitor at 1920 x 1080.

Ran RF with the old video card at 1920 x 1080 only on one monitor. When I re-installed I set everything to defaults in RF9 setup screen.

Video card has 6 gigs of memory.

The old 670 had 2 gigs of ram.

Hmmm, making me think now, maybe there is some settings on the monitor that I could try.
Thanks that all looks good to me. I was hoping you had the 1060 with 6GB memory. Probably nothing but you might try renaming the RealFlight.ini file to RealFlight.txt that will force RealFlight to create a new one at startup or at least that's my understanding and why I had you rename it to a txt file instead of removing it Then you can always rename it back if you need to. Make sure RealFlight isn't running when you do it. It's in the Documents\Realflight 9 directory. This is odd RealFlight has always ran perfect for me.

Thanks that all looks good to me. I was hoping you had the 1060 with 6GB memory. Probably nothing but you might try renaming the RealFlight.ini file to RealFlight.txt that will force RealFlight to create a new one at startup or at least that's my understanding and why I had you rename it to a txt file instead of removing it Then you can always rename it back if you need to. Make sure RealFlight isn't running when you do it. It's in the Documents\Realflight 9 directory. This is odd RealFlight has always ran perfect for me.
Yup some weird obscure glitch with the driver it seems. It works great on both my other laptops. So I do have an option to use either one of them. Just have a much smaller monitor. I suppose I could always shut down my main machine and connect my laptop to one of my 27" monitors for a RF session.

Back