Connecting Realflight9 with Simulink?

Sebae

Hello Guys, good day for you all =)

I'm currently developing a new control architecture for VTOL fixedwing UAVs on Simulink(Matlab).
I was wondering if I can connect realflight9 (flight axis) with Simulink or not ... (maybe using a UDP protocol).

I saw that the awesome guys of ardupilot are using realflight for their SITL simulation, so I'm wondering if I can do the same.

thanks in advance :D

RF uses the Windows USB game controller drivers, so if you can get the computer to recognize it there, then it should work with RF.

RF uses the Windows USB game controller drivers, so if you can get the computer to recognize it there, then it should work with RF.

Thank you so much Flapper. Maybe I can use simulink to give commands to RF, but I aso need all aircraft states from RF in real time to control the airplane. Do you have any info about how to do so?

i guess you should create connection from simulink to RF through and extra program, like an API or something, that receives input from both simulink and RF if simulink cant connect directly to RF. or you may take a look at ardupilot implementation on the c++ side. it uses UDP, IIRC, with SOAP message send as raw text. if c++ can do it via UDP, maybe simulink can

Last edited:
Back