Control of chase plane in RealFlight 6

farmboy33

I would like the user to have more control of the location of the chase plane in RealFlight 6. I use the chase plane mode and manual zoom while flying the Bell 222 helicopter. You cannot control the location of the chase plane and the camera zooms in and out by it itself. Sometimes it is so close that you only see part of the helicopter and other times it is far away from the helicopter. I would like to be able to place the chase plane in relation to the helicopter and be able to set a fixed distance to the helicopter. One way to do this is to use the number pad on your computer and the up and down and left and right buttons. If you use the number 5 as your helicopter, you could set the location of the chase plane using the numbers 1,2,3,4,6,7,8 and 9. Then use the up,down left and right buttons to move the chase plane in those directions in relation to your helicopter or plane. I do not know if this is possible, but I would appreciate the designers looking into.

You're probably looking for Pivot (E) or Orbit (CTRL-E) cameras.

There are quite a few choices available, discussed throughout this forum.

It is possible to add new cameras to any vehicle in RF. This should help.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 8
Thank you phrank. Using CTRL E with my trackball works perfect. When I move the ball around it moves the camera around and when I hold down the right mouse button in, I can zoom in and out with the ball. I called RealFlight and talked to a Tech about this before posting here and he did not seem to know anything about this. I like to land the helicopter on the haybails at RealFlight Ranch and now I can tell just how close that I am to them. Thanks again.

Back