Controller configuration problems

Kla

Using a brand new Spektrum NX6 with the included USB cable but every single time I connect to RF Evo I have to set up a new Acro model in my NX6 or I can not calibrate/configure my transmitter. Also when trying to configure NX6 in RF my TX is a mode 2 TX but in RF the throttle was on the right stick as if my TX was a mode 1 TX. Can't figure out why my controls are different every time I start up RF Evo.

The Controller Profile in RealFlight (where it maps channels on your NX to RealFlight's internal channels) shouldn't be changing like that. Always make sure your NX is plugged in, on, and ready before you start RealFlight in order to make sure that RealFlight sees the controller when it startus up.

I have a full writeup here about how to use NX as a USB game controller with RF. Maybe that will help answer some questions for you.

I do always make sure NX6 is on, in game controller mode, on the Acro model made up for RF and USB plugged in before I start up RF but still have these problems. Gonna check out your link and see if that solves any of my problems. Thank you for the response.

Another possibility comes to mind. Controller profile information has to be saved in C:\Users\your account\Documents\RealFlight Evolution. If you're not running Windows as an administrative user, a handful of people have had problems accessing that folder and had to adjust the Windows permissions on it. Using Windows File Explorer, just browse to that folder and see if you have any trouble accessing the contents.

When you calibrate a controller, the data is stored in C:\Users\your account\Documents\RealFlight Evolution\RealFlight64.ini, and any modifications to the Controller Profile (channel mapping) are saved in a file in the Radio Profiles folder.

I'm following your setup for helicopters in RF. Trying to edit my NX6 controls in RF. I click on channel 8 blue bar for mode, toggle my flight mode switch and it assigns switch to "dial". Then when I click on blue bar for SAFE on channel 12 and push the momentary button it assigns the button to "dial" but changes mode channel 8 back to "unassigned ". Plus I can't get throttle hold switch assigned to RF channel 9-throttle hold.

Great news....following your setup PDF and with a bit of help from Horizon Hobby chat for getting throttle hold to work properly, everything is now working as it should. Have all 3 helicopter flight modes, throttle hold and even have panic recovery on my safe button. Now have my Spektrum NX6 custom transmitter file saved on my RF program. Thank you soooo much for your help. I've been fighting with this for 3 days and now all is good.

You don't get much of anything in setup instructions when you purchase these simulators so thank God for forums like this and helpful people like yourself.

Wonderful!

How did you sort it out? I was just going to say that you're a bit limited by the fact that you have an NX6 and flying helis, so you can't get all of those things assigned to transmitter channels. You may have wound up using keyboard shortcuts for a couple of those functions instead of switches on the NX.

No keyboard functions. Just set up a new model for helicopter in transmitter and a mix for Panic mode. On the transmitter edit section in RealFlight you have to check the box that allows mixing from your transmitter to be used in RealFlight. Then to get Throttle hold to work, under channel assign in transmitter, assign channel 7 to whatever switch you want for throttle hold and that allows you to assign the throttle hold switch in the RealFlight transmitter edit section. Channels don't have to match, thats the point of using the RealFlight transmitter edit section. You just need to have the switch available so you can assign RealFlights throttle hold channel/channel 9, to a switch. Other than that I followed your setup PDF through the link you posted and now everything works as it should.

Last edited:
So my controller dropped off the desk and when I picked it up the throttle stick was stiff just like the other one so now to fly I have to hold it up the whole time.Know any way to fix it?

You don't mention which controller you're using, but odds are it's an InterLink DX.

If that's the case, here's the manual for it.

Check the Mode Change Slider as described on page 5 and make sure that didn't move when it got dropped. From what you're describing, it may have moved a little bit from "Mode 2,4" to "Mode 2,4 Quadcopter", as having spring tension on the throttle stick is what makes it a quadcopter setup.

Back