Controller Issue - Emmanuel Katto Uganda

emmanuelkatto

Hello everyone, I am Emmanuel Katto. I'm new to RC flying and I'm having some trouble getting my RealFlight 8 simulator to recognize my controller. I've tried the following:
  • Downloaded and installed the latest driver updates
  • Restarted the simulator multiple times
  • Checked that my controller is properly connected to the computer via USB
  • Tried using a different USB port

Despite these attempts, the simulator still not recognizing my controller. I've tried using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro transmitter with a RealFlight 8.50 version.

Error message:

When I try to launch the simulator, I get an error message that says "Failed to initialize controller: Unable to find compatible device". The message also recommends checking the compatibility settings in the Options menu.

Any advice on what I can do to resolve this issue??

I had one for years, but threw it away. The Logitech drivers were very problematic with Windows 10 or 11, as Logitech never updated with new, and it was only sold as compatible with Win 7 or Vista. I see that some people have gotten it to work with Microsoft Flight Simulator by deleting all the Logitech software, and letting Windows just recognize it as a generic joystick. Unknown as to what features (hat control, others?) you may loose doing that. Not the best choice for Real Flight, in any event (missing trim switches, not actually teaching you control with something similar to a real transmitter, etc.). You'd be better served buying a new or used Interlink controller.

I had one for years, but threw it away. The Logitech drivers were very problematic with Windows 10 or 11, as Logitech never updated with new, and it was only sold as compatible with Win 7 or Vista. I see that some people have gotten it to work with Microsoft Flight Simulator by deleting all the Logitech software, and letting Windows just recognize it as a generic joystick. Unknown as to what features (hat control, others?) you may loose doing that. Not the best choice for Real Flight, in any event (missing trim switches, not actually teaching you control with something similar to a real transmitter, etc.). You'd be better served buying a new or used Interlink controller.
Should I try another one instead of Logitech?

You'd be better served buying a new or used Interlink controller.
Buy a controller that's actually designed specifically for RF. InterLink is an RF brand. No messing around, no 10 questions/answers here like: "How do I get this controller to work witrh RF?" or "Why won't my controller [do whatever]?" An InterLink Elite or InterLink-X will work perfectly with no setup/configuration required. Just plug it in & fly. The interLink-DX is newer than RF8, and might have functions that aren't supported by RF8.

Back