Controller options

dursofd

I bough the RF basic and the first that I noticed is that I cannot setup the controller to match my current setup. I have an Ares 370 that currently does not have aerilons - that is an optional add-on for this particular model.

So, right now, my Ares 370 controller (it came with the model) is a 3 channel setup that uses rudder control and elevator on the right stick. The left stick is throttle.

Every model in the basic including the high wing slow flyers are all setup for 4 channels, except for the Flyzone (dont quote me I am not in front on the PC right now). The Flyzone is really slow and does not fly like my Ares.

As far as I can tell, there is only the option to switch from Mode 1 to 2.

I want to make the simulator experience as real as possible, so I am guessing my only option is to add the aerilons to my plane?

Do you think it's worth the $40 to upgrade the aerilon kit for my Ares 370? At this point I am thinking that if I am going to learn how to fly and every plane in the sim is a four channel model, then it probably makes sense to actually fly a four channel plane in the field

You will do yourself a favor in learning a 4 channel setup since those 3 channel aircraft are geared towards beginners. You will have more precise control of the model with elevator, rudder, and aileron control. You will be wanting to upgrade it once you get bored flying figure eights and doing loops on that 3 channel setup.

Last edited:
Back