Controller probs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BKane

Hello folks...hoping someone could help me out and answer a few questions, it would sincerly be appreciated.

First off, I have spent many hours in the last week here searching, reading, trying things, etc. Uninstalling and reinstalling, upgrading...you know the program.

Deal is, I bought a used RF Deluxe with the RF controller (15 pin). Game loaded fine right from the beginning with no troubles, but the controller is another story...still a no go... :(

My comp. doesn't have a game port, so I have tried it with a standard serial port to USB adapter with no luck. I went to Radio Shack to try and find the switchable adapter mentioned here on the boards...but couldn't find it on the shelf or in the main catalog. The clerk was no help at all... :rolleyes:

My main problem right now seems to be that I can't get the controller to show up in "Game Controllers" I keep getting a 'game port not configured correctly' error..is this because of not having the switchable adapter? If not...could someone please tell me how to correct this error.

Would I be better off buying an interface for my regular tx(I was looking at the ones offered from milehighwings.com)instead of dropping any cash on the adapter?

Well...enough for now. Again, any help or suggestions would be great, and thanks for your time.

-Bob

Well...until I figure it out on my own I bought a gamepad and it is working with that.

Thanks for all the great help... :rolleyes: This is why I won't be dropping any serious cash on one of the RF products.

Same Problem

I'm haveing the exact same problem and can't figure it out. Can ANYBODY help me with this. Real Flight is turning out to be a Real Pain!

It could be a bad cable, but that's just a hunch and more for BKane since he said he's tried everything. There are several posts in this forum describing this problem and different ways to fix it. What have you tried so far?

Different Problem now

I got the controller problem fixed. Now that I have installed Add-ons 1 and 2, I get a "KEerror 7243" whenever I try to fly a plane on the Add-ons disks. Any Ideas?

A quick search for that error number turned up nothing. I will ask Ryan, who knows a lot more about that product than I do. He will be in on Monday.

Thank you

Thank you for trying. I'll check back monday.

The complete error message reads "KEError 7243. There was an error reading the data file. Check for a scratched CD."

Last edited:
That happens as you load the plane? Have you uninstalled/reinstalled the Add-Ons? Though I doubt that will work, it's probably worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back