Controller Switches???

johneven

HELP!! I'm also new to using RFB controller (planes only) and wondering if there is a manual or something to tell me what the switches are on the top of the contoller on the left and right sides. More information on how to use all the controls would be helpful as well! Where do I go for this info? Thanks in advance for any and all assistance/information! :confused:

The right one up top is the gear. And other on top is Duel Rates. This cuts the amount of movement of the control surfaces a ##% if the model is set up to have Duel rates

BTW link under my name is the ver 3 Manual

Controller Switches

Thanks (Junkboy999) for the link on the manual which I will review and save, but I need info/manual on the RF "Basic" not the G3 version. So if anyone has the info for the switches on the controller for the simulator and the one to actually fly the plane, I'd love to hear more! Still:confused: Thanks ...

I don't believe there is a RFB manual. But the switch functions have to be the same from one version of RF to another, just as the swich functions are for RL flying.

I don't have RFB but when I select an aircraft, the description of the aircraft usually tells me what the various switches are used for on the aircraft. Over time it has become somewhat standard.

Airplanes:
Channel 8 triple switch - sometimes smoke, sometimes aircraft doors. Not really a standard for this switch.
Channel 5 up is high rates, down is low rates (large control surface movement on high rate)
Channel 7 is usually on/off for smoke or landing gear.
Channel 6 dial usually operates the planes flaps.

Helicopters
Channel 8 triple switch - away is normal, up is for idle up (Positive & Negative Pitch-3D maneuvers, beginners use normal for hover.)
Channel 5 up is high rates, down is low rates (same as planes, more sensitive on high rates... beginners use low rates)
Channel 7 is usually Throttle hold Up-on-active throttle, down-off-zero head rotation.
Channel 6 dial usually not used. They say gain, like increasing the heli gyro gain, but I have not seen this used this way.

Each aircraft designer can change what a control does on the aircraft so this is in general only.

Last edited:
Back