Crash when accessing new menus + how to change speed indication

Well I didn't win the lottery so here I am.
But if I would have, one of the first things would be to buy the RealFlight company! :)
So...
Just opened up RFE again and it still works fine.
I didn't do anything to make it work either.
My version is the same as yours 10.00.026.
I have noticed that Steam seems to update every time I boot the PC so am wondering if maybe something there changed to heal up the operation?
Are you connected to the Internet when running RFE?
Screenshot (3).png

Last edited:
Well I didn't win the lottery so here I am.
But if I would have, one of the first things would be to buy the RealFlight company! :)
So...
Just opened up RFE again and it still works fine.
I didn't do anything to make it work either.
My version is the same as yours 10.00.026.
I have noticed that Steam seems to update every time I boot the PC so am wondering if maybe something there changed to heal up the operation?
Are you connected to the Internet when running RFE?
View attachment 132964
Strange that it started to work for you, i'm also connected to the internet when running RFE.
Had a look at the steam application itself an this is the version info
1673816203137.png

See this thread for the new beta release, as a workaround for the 12th and 13th generation Intel CPU Integrated Graphics issues.

Last edited:
Close RF Evolution, then copy and paste the 4 .dll files (in the dx9on12 folder) into the; C:\program Files x86\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Realflight Evolution folder.
Evolution now works perfect on my system using the Intel CPU onboard video display setup.
I've reported your post, requesting that the admins/mods test this solution & document it in https://forums.realflight.com/index...-with-12th-generation-intel-processors.56583/, giving you credit for finding a working solution. It will make responding to the next hundred new threads about it a lot easier. @Ryan Douglas Have you seen this solution?

EDIT: J just saw the other thread. That will make it easier to find, too. Thanks! https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?threads/12th-generation-intel-fix.57778/

Last edited:
Close RF Evolution, then copy and paste the 4 .dll files (in the dx9on12 folder) into the; C:\program Files x86\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Realflight Evolution folder.
Evolution now works perfect on my system using the Intel CPU onboard video display setup.
Thanks for that...however, Steam does not actually download files on the hard drive so they can be edited. I am stumped, and this program is driving me crazy. There is no way to access the menu without crashing, and there are no such files on my computer after installing and updating through Steam. Please, what is your secret? Thank you so much for your efforts.

Yes, there are program files installed on the computer by Steam. RealFlight runs from your computer, not the Internet.

You'll find the RF program files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam Apps\Common\RealFlight Evolution.

Yes, there are program files installed on the computer by Steam. RealFlight runs from your computer, not the Internet.

You'll find the RF program files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam Apps\Common\RealFlight Evolution.
For some reason, the files were under Documents. Anyway got that part worked out, thank you. If you or anyone else knows the answer...the biggest problem I am having has to do with the flaps and SAFE (Off) in Evolution. I bought this program manly to learn the 1.5 Mustang, as that plane is next on my list. Can not get it to work! The flaps will only work on channel 8, however, apparently Flight Mode/SAFE is working through the same channel. I have tried every combination under the sun to get: SAFE off; (and stay Off) and also have the flaps work. I have flaps set to B switch on all of my planes. I can live with a different switch if that is what it takes. Thank you all very much!

The files that are custom to your setup - controller profiles, aircraft you have changed/added, etc. - are in Documents\RealFlight Evolution.
The program itself and where you'd put that DLL file is in that other location.

I responded to your post in this thread about the controller setup.

Install the new beta from Realflight, that will assure you the .dll is in the correct folder. Follow the install directions in the thread.

Back