Creating airfield

Dimi

I like to create the airfield where I fly. Where can I find instructions to create a completely new field with the photos (panorama)

Thanks

There are some YT videos out there. Search for "HOW TO- Create and Edit airfields Real flight 9.5." I have started with a known airfields in RF and altered them in editor and renamed them. It takes some messing around, but after a few hours you get the hang of it.

Last edited:
To create your own airfield, you can do it by objects (collision) only, or using a panoramic image of your field with collision objects. I've made our field both ways. Our field is a little tougher since the runway is at about a 6 degree incline to the east (right).

After creating several airports, I find it easier to start with a known location. Press the 'escape' key to open the menu and then select 'Create new airport' The program should now display a blank field with only a 'Pilot spawn shown. In the top left corner you will see a box. Left click the 'Objects' box. The top right box should now show the objects menu. ALL of the airport objects from ALL the Realflight airports should now be visible and available. Your imagination is the only limit.

I want to create with the photos taken of the field I fly.
The most time consuming part I found doing a photofield of our airfield was getting the center of the pano image (horizon line) correct. I did this by adjusting the image's angles in the editor and in Photoshop and testing. And testing, and testing. I'm just about done with it and I know I have well over 30 hours of time invested. Take your time, and be patient.

Back