d3dx9_36.dll error

Reply from RF Tech Support to Lonz yesterday

We regret the problems you have been experiencing.

We are currently having issues with the Intel Integrated graphics cards. We have informed our software developers of the issues and are awaiting word of a fix for the issues. I would recommend waiting a week or two before checking back for the fix. We are sorry for an inconvenience this may have caused you.

Here are some instructions for returning to previous version of RealFlight G4:

1. Make sure that RealFlight itself is not running.

2. Make sure you have an active Internet connection available on your PC. You do not need to visit any specific website.

3. Open the G4 Launcher Window.

4. Select the "Additional Options" button on the Launcher Window.

5. From the Additional Options, select the "Registration/Updates" button. This should open the "Online Updating" window.

6. From Online Updating window, you should see a button for "Update to Specific Version". You will need to complete the Online Registration first before you can Update to the Specific Version.

7. Click on Update to Specific Version, that will bring up the Available Versions box.

8. There should be a Select Version window with a list of available versions to pick from. Click on the version(4.00.054) you want to go back to to highlight it. Also be sure to check the Completely Refresh checkbox and then click OK.

We are asking all of our customers to evaluate our service. Please tell us how we did on your most recent contact with Product Support. Please take a minute and click on the link to complete a brief survey. This information will be used to improve our customer service. Thank you. http://www.hobbico.com/surveys/product-support-survey.php Only one customer feedback survey may be submitted per day. Please submit your survey within seven days.

PLEASE REMEMBER to attach all previous correspondence (and dxdiag information if previously requested) with our responses to any follow up e-mail you may send. This will allow us to better track our attempts to troubleshoot your problem. Unfortunately, due to the volume of e-mail we receive, WE ARE UNABLE TO SAVE OR REMEMBER E-MAIL MESSAGES ONCE WE HAVE SENT A RESPONSE.

You can also reach our product support technical team at 217-398-8970 during our regular business hours Monday through Friday 8am to 7pm Central time. Be sure to have your computer specifications and serial number for your software available at the time of your call.

Last edited:
i update 4:50.021

and i have the message

cannot find import ; DLL may de missing, corrupt, or wrong version
File d3dx9_36.dll , error 126

i update 4:00.054

again

4:50.021 and the message disappear

the menu (file ....etc.) is ok. but the screen have a problem

G 4.5 issues

Here are the errors I am getting AFTER the 4.5 download is complete.

"Error in opening files."

Click OK

"KEError 21014: There was an error copying to C:\Program Files(x86)\RealFlightG4\Direct X\DSETUP.dll Make sure the file is not write protected or in use."

Click OK

Try to launch and I get
"Error Cannot find import;DLL may be missing,corrupt,or wrong version File "d3dx9_36.dll", error 126."

I think that it is looking for a file that isn't there but I'm no programmer.................

I can easily restore back to G4 and it works fine.

Last edited:
Kel 1, I am sure that you have good information to share, but you are not following the instructions given in the sticky by the OP !

We don't know what computer, operating system, video and audio drivers you are using, etc. etc.

KE cannot isolate problems unless you help them by following the instructions on how to report the problem.

Just a fellow user, but my install went perfect the very first time!

Good luck, Jim

D3DERR_INVALIDCALL File: .\DXEffect.cpp Line: 836

I'm getting the same error, D3DERR_INVALIDCALL File: .\DXEffect.cpp Line: 836, on my Windows Vista laptop when attempting to launch RealFlight G4.5. The error happens continuously.

RealFlight G4 ran fine on this laptop.

Please find attached the screen shot of the error message (borrowed from another poster) and my support information.

Thank you,
Chris Shaker

Attachments

• D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.jpg
    D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 388
  • RealFlight_G4.5_Error.txt
    160.6 KB · Views: 27
Numerous attempts.. no good

Upgraded (?) to 4.5 with Vista, and immediately and every time get the "d3dx9_36.dll error 126" message and no program. Ultimately followed directions to revert to version 4.00.054 .. guess I will wait until they have it fixed.
When I went to MS to get the most current version of DirectX, it bails (repeatedly) on the install with a "Setup could not download the file. Please retry later or check network connection".... number of times as well.

Attachments

• RF45prob.txt
    482.2 KB · Views: 6
phreddy, no can do. It's your video card. I'm in the same boat with my laptop. I've heard a fix may come.

Had same problem w/DirectX

I had the same problem with DirectX. Found the end user Aug 2008 complete download, and was able to grab that fine:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...-8aa5-9dfef9cdb3df/directx_aug2008_redist.exe

Chris Shaker

Phreddy said:
Upgraded (?) to 4.5 with Vista, and immediately and every time get the "d3dx9_36.dll error 126" message and no program. Ultimately followed directions to revert to version 4.00.054 .. guess I will wait until they have it fixed.
When I went to MS to get the most current version of DirectX, it bails (repeatedly) on the install with a "Setup could not download the file. Please retry later or check network connection".... number of times as well.

phreddy has the 945GM video card that is not supported by 4.5 yet. Your video card, if you got 4.5 working, is not an Intel.

jeffpn said:
phreddy has the 945GM video card that is not supported by 4.5 yet. Your video card, if you got 4.5 working, is not an Intel.

Mine has the "Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family" video card. I guess that the same one you're referring to. Maybe there'll be a fix soon........

Huck

Having the same problem on a dell lat d620

updated video driver no luck
downgrade to 4.0 it works
updated directx to 10, 4.0 still works
updated to 4.5, still doesn't work

GRRR.

Called tech support, left message, no call back.

cjshaker said:
I'm getting the same error, D3DERR_INVALIDCALL File: .\DXEffect.cpp Line: 836, on my Windows Vista laptop when attempting to launch RealFlight G4.5. The error happens continuously.

RealFlight G4 ran fine on this laptop.

Please find attached the screen shot of the error message (borrowed from another poster) and my support information.

Thank you,
Chris Shaker

Clammster, Please look on the very last page of threads in the G4.5 discussion forum. You'll find a thread that I started called 'Asking for help? Read this. (Search my posts I've started to find it, as well.) Here it is.This post used to be a sticky, until it was determined that KE would rather have RF users call tech support, instead of letting other users try to help with people's problems. Follow the instructions in that thread, and post that file hear. Incidentally, when you call GP tech support, call during normal business hours. I have never been disappointed by them.

Thanks

jeffpn said:
phreddy, no can do. It's your video card. I'm in the same boat with my laptop. I've heard a fix may come.

Appreciate your comeback.

I guess I'll have to be satisfied with running it on the new desktop as it runs there. Would've been nice to take it in the RV, but 4.0 will have to suffice. Once again, appreciate the comeback... Phreddy

HuckD said:
Mine has the "Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family" video card. I guess that the same one you're referring to. Maybe there'll be a fix soon........

Huck

While that may be possible, don't hold your breath for it.

The minimum specifications changed for G4.5 which put the "integrated" chipsets outside the envelope.

Same Here

One of my old flying buddies ask me to help him get the new updated to 4.5. After going through the process we ended up with the:

D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
DXEffect.ccp
Line 836 & 896 Loop

It requires a force quit to escape.

He has a Compaq Presario SR5350f with Vista home premium. This is a desktop machine so after reading here I was surprised that it would have a mobile graphic's card. G4 runs great. 4.5 not so much...

I pasted the system info into a note pad file and attached it.

I have reverted him to G4 and everything is back to normal.

Thanks
bigbird

Attachments

• RF sys info.txt
    268.7 KB · Views: 9
New victim of the infamous d3dx9_36.dll error 126 message here
Running XP SP3 on AMD Quad Core and Radeon HD4800 serie

Installed G4 fresh from CD (purchased today)
Updated to 4.50.025 (before running G4 for the first time)

Crash with error above.
Got latest and greatest DirectX for XP (9.0c August 2008 redistribuable)
Reinstalled DirectX

WORKS FOR ME!

Now I can launch in 4.5

I just upgraded and receive this exact error.

I just upgraded from G4 to G4.5 from the Real Flight Launcher. When I attempt to run it I get the missing DLL error.

As requested my info is attached.

Hope a resolution can be made, I was really looking forward to the better landing and ground handling characteristics of this version.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• RfG45DllErrorDiag.txt
    184.9 KB · Views: 5
Your specs indicate Directx 9.0 compliance, not 9.0c. I don't know if that's the problem, but the fact that your card is integrated is not a good thing when it comes to 3D apps. Do you have a video card slot on your motherboard? Your card is much older than G4.5 would like, and an upgrade would sure help.

Back