d3dx9_36.dll error

jeffpn said:
Your specs indicate Directx 9.0 compliance, not 9.0c. I don't know if that's the problem, but the fact that your card is integrated is not a good thing when it comes to 3D apps. Do you have a video card slot on your motherboard? Your card is much older than G4.5 would like, and an upgrade would sure help.

Thanks Jeff. I have been wondering whether the vid card is just not up to 4.5 and maybe 4.0 was the limit of the card.

I may need to upgrade to a hotter 8x AGP card with 512MB. The AGP 8x cards are getting fewer and farther between, and I don't see a complete system overhaul in my future yet.

Btw, the card is not integrated.

I wonder if 9.0 Dx is the issue vs. 9.0c.

Thanks,

Mike

Direct X issue - I had it too

I have installed 4.5 on several machines and ran into this issue every time. I checked in advance and confirm that I already had Direct X 9.0c installed on these machines. In each case I cancelled the Direct X install and got the "can't find..." result being reported.

For me the solution was simple enough -- I ran the Direct X installer from the 4.5 disc and it fixed things. I still had 9.0c and the error went away.

BTW - all of my machines are modest except one. I tried a P3 900mhz (unusable), a P4 1.2 mhz (pretty good), under Vista on a 1.8 Core 2 Duo with soldered on video (unusable so far as the video driver keeps crashing), and finally a Intel based Mac Book Pro running Windows XP (best results).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
bigbird07 said:
He has a Compaq Presario SR5350f with Vista home premium. This is a desktop machine so after reading here I was surprised that it would have a mobile graphic's card. G4 runs great. 4.5 not so much...

Thanks
bigbird

A lot of buyers never bother looking or know nothing about video specs...

These are the people that go into a store and will gladly sacrifice video performance in the name of lower cost.

The Integrated video adaptors are basically sold to that crowd.

However with Desktop machines all is not lost!

Usually the integrated video is an almost freebie toss-in.

But desktop machines almost always feature PCI-E video slots that will accept the faster and better video adaptors...

Upgrade yours... you can get some fantastic pricing ( approx $150.00 ) on very capable adaptors now, which will run G4.5 and other programs with aplomb.

erorr problem

"OK" upgrade to What?? and where do you get it at?? And this was not in the Almighty "Search" feature! ---Vernski :rolleyes:

Thanks

opjose said:
A lot of buyers never bother looking or know nothing about video specs...

These are the people that go into a store and will gladly sacrifice video performance in the name of lower cost.

The Integrated video adaptors are basically sold to that crowd.

However with Desktop machines all is not lost!

Usually the integrated video is an almost freebie toss-in.

But desktop machines almost always feature PCI-E video slots that will accept the faster and better video adaptors...

Upgrade yours... you can get some fantastic pricing ( approx $150.00 ) on very capable adaptors now, which will run G4.5 and other programs with aplomb.

I'll let him know, being a retired airforce guy and not a officer his pension is not all that great (that's why the cheap computer) he may just stick to G4.

bigbird

DLL error

I am also facing similar error, D3DERR_INVALIDCALL File: .\DXEffect.cpp Line: 836, on my Windows XP laptop when attempting to launch RealFlight G4.5. Was reading thru the various posts. I guess the issue lies in the Intel 965 Express Chipset which is not supported by G4.5 currently....am i correct?

I also tried to revert back to G4.0 but still not able to run the application. Actually this is my first time trying to use the sim. Appreciate if someone can provide some guidance. Have also attached a copy of the system info.

Cheers !

Attachments

• System Info.txt
    65.8 KB · Views: 4
I guess there are quite a few of us with the same problem. I verified that my laptop would run 4.0 when I bought it (RealFlight). The program is okay, although the flying seemed more realistic in G2. My concern is that rather than fix the bugs in 4.0, they've gone to a new version and left those who can only run 4.0 high and dry. Being out of work, I can't see going out and buying a new laptop (or any computer) just to run the sim.

RC_Fanatic

Vista info...

Specs don't mean that much on Vista machines. Here's why...

* Vista needs a fast processor and 2Gigs of RAM to perform anywhere near XP. It's a very "heavy" operating system.

* Vista runs 50+ processes full-time for a default install. If you bought a proprietary computer (HP, Compaq, Dell, etc.) it's probably running over 65 processes. XP is something like 25 and 40 respectively.

My suggestions are:

1) tune your operating system by turning off unnecessary services
2) perform cleanups and defrags on occassion
3) perform spyware scans regularly
4) set browser security and remove temp files and cookies often

Since Vista I've found that most very strong machines run like weak ones. Tuning, optimizing, and spyware removal has never been so important. This is just my two cents.

Thanks,
Mark M.

I'm all for optimizing my system but the average pc user (me) doesn't have a clue which services are necessary and which ones aren't. Is there a website for those of us that are IT challenged that can help out with said optimization?

Actually Vista has a built in tool for this...

Under "Programs" in the control panel, you'll find a special section for "startup programs" and services.

Particularly with the startup programs, you can turn off everything except AV software and things which are absolutly necessary to support hardware... not most items are not...

The startup programs screen is pretty descriptive, so you'll KNOW what you are disabling at startup.

The upside is that the same programs will normally work just fine otherwise... they merely will not pre-load themselves.

bigbird07 said:
I'll let him know, being a retired airforce guy and not a officer his pension is not all that great (that's why the cheap computer) he may just stick to G4.

bigbird

Bear in mind that you can get fairly powerful 3D capable video cards now at very reasonable prices.

Other posts by KE have indicated that support for low end cards has been dropped for 4.5. Too much compromise in the software.

Possible graphics card?

opjose said:
Bear in mind that you can get fairly powerful 3D capable video cards now at very reasonable prices.

Would this be an acceptable card?

AMD ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 512MB PCI-E Graphics Card

There is such an array of cards out there.

System info is in post 37 but basically a Compaq Presario SR53550F with 2.0 gHz with 2 gigs of ram. While not the ideal system it's fairly close minus the graphics card.

Thanks for any help
Bigbird

Last edited:
jeffpn said:
Other posts by KE have indicated that support for low end cards has been dropped for 4.5. Too much compromise in the software.

Well, I hope they will fix the bugs in 4.0. However, I suspect that, like most software developers, they will just move on. :mad:

RC_Fanatic said:
Well, I hope they will fix the bugs in 4.0. However, I suspect that, like most software developers, they will just move on.

Yup, the "bug fix" is the free 4.5 upgrade.

Loaded 4.5.021 and I get a message box error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL File: DXEffect.cpp Line 836.
Tried everything: reloaded directx, downloaded newest video driver directly from intel. This is rather aggravating. So they give us a free upgrade because we spent 200 on their software and now we have to buy new hardware or else it's not going to work. Come on guys, there has to be a fix. I had to downgrade to good old glitchy 4.0. :mad:

Attachments

• info.txt
    74.8 KB · Views: 6
Back