d3dx9_36.dll error

Thanks JFSPM

Before trying what you suggest to me, I have search on my HD for the file d3dx9_36.dll and it doesn't exist.
So, I looked for it on the web and I put this file in Windows/system32.

And since Real Flight G4.5 works very well and all is OK !

But now, I have another question. I bought RF4.5 in a discount offer with expansion pack 1 to 5. For expansion pack 3 to 5 : no problem but on the boxes of expansion pack 1 and 2 it is written that this expansion pack were designed exclusively for RF G3 !
Do you know if I can install them with a RF G4.5

Thanks

Jean-Brice

All the Expansion Packs can be installed for G4.5. Don't forget to check the News & Announcements subforum for instructions on installing the AddOns software 1-4.

Last edited:
Thanks for this advice. I will go there before installing expansion pack 1 to 4.

Different for expansion pack 5 ?

Jean-Brice

Just had the "d3dx9_36.dll" error after a fresh install of Vista/32 SP1, so this problem is not confined to 64-bit versions. Downloaded the DX updates from Microsoft and the problem was corrected. See attached system info from just prior to DX update.

Jon

Attachments

• RealFlight G45 Config.txt
    601 bytes · Views: 26
I upgraded from a Windows Vista 32 bit computer on which I got this threads error message to a Windows vista 64 bit computer with 7 GB ram and 2.4 processor and 4.5 works on this computer although it runs gittery on some of the more complex graphics.

Make sure you contact tech support, if you are having issues running the software. Telephone Contact: 217-398-8970 (Available Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM CST.)

Thanks Chris McVey

KEError 32434

On Vista, RF4 worked fine, upgraded to 4.5, had the d3dx9 error and upgraded my DirectX.
Now I have KEError 32434, The ADJ file C:/...(file location)/RFV45up08.adj is possibly corrupt. uninstall - reinstall.
After that message is closed I get sever File not found and Error Opening for shaders/include/QuadGroup/Common.fx.
Attached file for you.

Attachments

• RealFlightFine.txt
    112.5 KB · Views: 6
Rerun the update to the SAME version again, but first clear your cache and also tell it to refresh all.

Once it is done, go into the launcher and "reset" G4.5 to it's defaults, and THEN try running it.

At first attempt to run 4.5 had the d3dx9 36.dll error. At installation I opted not to install directx 9 because I already had dx10. After the error, I went into the CD and installed dx9, was more of a quick update, I'm assuming it was installing the DLL, all was well afterward.

Gateway 7811 FX laptop,
Processor 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8400
Memory 4GB, 667MHz DDR3
Hard drive 200GB 7,200rpm
Chipset Intel P45
Graphics Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS
Operating System Windows Vista Premium (64-bit)

That's interesting!

Normally if you attempt to install DX9 under Vista, which already has DX10 installed by default, the DX9 installer merely skips over ALL of the existing files.

However the D3DX9_36.dll error may refer a DX9 file that the sim is attempting to invoke for some reason.

The DX9 installer may have picked up that there was a missing DLL, and installed it w/o affecting your DX10 installation.

KE take note!

got the d3derr invalid call line 836 4.5 wont work on a 1 month old computer. going to try and remove all of rf and start over. bummer

rbbmwe46m3 said:
got the d3derr invalid call line 836 4.5 wont work on a 1 month old computer. going to try and remove all of rf and start over. bummer
please look up a thread called 'asking for help? Read this' and follow those instructions to post a file with your specs. Of course, you can also call tech support. Don't bother reinstalling RF yet, you've got other issues.

jeffpn said:
please look up a thread called 'asking for help? Read this' and follow those instructions to post a file with your specs. Of course, you can also call tech support. Don't bother reinstalling RF yet, you've got other issues.

are you the tec support person from rf? I just reinstalled rf and it works just fine. I will look at the "asking for help" thread and try 4.5 again. thanks

RF does not provide tech support through these forums. The forums are set up for users to discuss the product with other users. I'm glad you got it working, though.

running this config....

Video Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

MFR: Intel Corporation

Version: 7.14.0010.1461 (English)

Date: 3/24/2008 17:50:16, 4800000 bytes

will not run 4.5...

No, the integrated Intel graphics chips are not supported in G4.5. Hopefully, you're on a desktop that can be upgraded. In the meantime, use the launcher to revert to 4.0

rbbmwe46m3 said:
running this config....

Video Card: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

MFR: Intel Corporation

Version: 7.14.0010.1461 (English)

Date: 3/24/2008 17:50:16, 4800000 bytes

will not run 4.5...

The "Asking for help" thread he pointed you to indicates the full and proper proceedure for posting your diagnostic dump from the RealFlight Launcher.

Normally the information produced by that dump is required to be able to help you out, which is why Jeff asked.

However as he indicated, you've already provided enough information to see the nature of the problem... namely Integrated Chipsets.

Most Integrated Chipsets do not meet the minimum specifications for most 3D games, and 3D programs, let alone that for G4.5.

You can pick up a good but inexpensive video card that will bring your system up to specs and run G4.5 very well, along with most other new software.

You'll also get a sizeable performance boost to everything you do with your computer, so it is well worth the expenditure.

---

But ya gotta have a slot to put a video card in. Most if not all laptops and some desktops won't.

Back