d3dx9_36.dll error

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
Have you received the following error?

Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version
File "d3dx9_36.dll", error 126
We're trying to figure out why a small percentage of users are receiving this error. The update process should ensure you have everything you need. It may only happen to users running 64-bit versions of Windows. If you have experienced/are currently experiencing this error, please help us out by following these instructions and posting your system info, or at least tell us what version of Windows you are running.

To fix the problem manually: go here and follow the instructions.

[Edit: update link with friendlier web installer for DirectX runtimes.]

Attachments

• DirectX dll error.JPG
    DirectX dll error.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 181
That file exists in my Windows\System32 subdirectory.

I am running Windows XP SP3 , Ryan.

I have had no problem running G4.5

Hope this helps!

Jim S.

re error message

I had this error.I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked fine.I am also running XP

D3derr_invalidcall

When I launch my newly downloaded 4.5.021 I get a contunous message box error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL File: DXEffect.cpp Line 836

Files added:
"assemble Sustem Information" = D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.txt
"screen shot of error" = D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.jpg

+===>>>> See reply from RF Tech Support on page 2 of this thread. <<====

Attachments

• D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.jpg
    D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,183
  • D3DERR_INVALIDCALL.txt
    327.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
2sly4u said:
I had this error.I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked fine.I am also running XP
Uninstalled and reinstalled what, exactly? RealFlight in its entirety? Did you perform an update back to a 4.0 version and then re-update to 4.5?

D3DERR_INVALIDCALL Error

I'm getting the same error as Lenz above: When I launch my newly downloaded 4.5.021 I get a contunous message box error:

D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
File: DXEffect.cpp
Line 836

The only way I've found to get out of this loop is to use Task Manager to end the program.

This error occurred with the beta 4.5.021. I reverted back to 4.0 twice and the program ran fine. Today I noticed that the 4.5.021 version had been declared a public - not beta - download, so I tried updating again. I cleared the cache and went for the download. I received a message that I had been moved to the public directory. After downloading and installing I received the same message as before.

Windows Update tells me that I have the latest version of DirectX 10. I've changed screen resolutions, used maximized as well as normal windows. Nothing seems to work. I've piddled with this update for at least five hours. It sounds great and I can't wait to get it running.

Attached is the System Information file per instructions.

Huck

Attachments

• System Information.txt
    394 KB · Views: 61
You need to RE-INSTALL DX10 ( assuming you are running Vista ) using the Microshaft redistributable for DX10.

Once you do G4.5 runs fine.

opjose said:
You need to RE-INSTALL DX10 ( assuming you are running Vista ) using the Microshaft redistributable for DX10.

Once you do G4.5 runs fine.

Opjose, I am running Vista (Home Premium).

I have previously tried the end user directx updates but it reported that I had the latest update. I installed the redistributable update and rebooted. Unfortunately, I still have the same error.

Thanks anyway,

Huck

edit: I just tried version 4.50.024 and it doesn't work either. :(

Last edited:
It's a no go, same d3dx9_36.dll not found error.

Direct X 10 on a fairly new PC.

Vista home premium 32 bit.

Okay, third time was a charm. It works perfectly and looks lovely. :)

(Old time RC man here from the 80s, but my first Sim)

Last edited:
Also received error code after installation. Using Vista, Home Premium. After shutdown and re-boot, message disappeared. Program runs fine.

Ryan, I get the same error as Lonz in post 5. The box that comes up alternates with 2 different line numbers, and will not go away. The 3 finger salute is necessary to terminate RF. Everyone here who has their specs posted is using the Intel video chipset, mostly the 945GM like I'm using. I have reinstalled DirectX 9.0c, but RF still won't run.

Attachments

• New Text Document.txt
    142 KB · Views: 32
jeffpn said:
Ryan, I get the same error as Lonz in post 5. The box that comes up alternates with 2 different line numbers, and will not go away. The 3 finger salute is necessary to terminate RF. Everyone here who has their specs posted is using the Intel video chipset, mostly the 945GM like I'm using. I have reinstalled DirectX 9.0c, but RF still won't run.

I still have this problem also. Alternates between Line 836 and 896.

HuckD

i have the same proplem

cannot find import ; DLL may de missing, corrupt, or wrong version
File d3dx9_36.dll , error 126

thanks

Also getting repeated error messages :(

After this recent update i can no longer see any of the visual effects and keep getting the DLL error described by others.

1) Describe your issue in detail. What steps might be taken to reproduce your issue?
- Continual error message relating to MS Direct X. Unable to solve by reinstalling DirectX from Microsoft.
2) Attach your system specifications. Please, do not paste your specs into your post. Makes it very lengthy. Here's how to do it:
- Performed per instructions.

Attachments

• RealFlight4_5DLLErrors.txt
    132.1 KB · Views: 47
Right off the top I can see your video driver is dated 2006. :eek:
Try to find a newer one and re-try?

Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

MFR: Intel Corporation

Version: 6.14.0010.4670 (English)

Date: 8/14/2006 15:59:52, 48128 bytes

d3dx9_36.dll,error 126

aris said:
i have the same proplem

cannot find import ; DLL may de missing, corrupt, or wrong version
File d3dx9_36.dll , error 126

thanks

I have the same problem. I am running 64 bit Vista 2.3ghz dual core, 4g ram, 8500 GT Video. I tried uninstalling completely EVERYTHING ! and re-installing 3 times now. G4 works fine but as soon as I download 4.5 I get the same error and you cant use the sim anymore because it gives you a missing file error when you try to run it after downloading 4.5.

??? :mad:

Go back to Post#1 and follow the Administrator's instructions.

Kel 1 said:
I have the same problem. I am running 64 bit Vista 2.3ghz dual core, 4g ram, 8500 GT Video. I tried uninstalling completely EVERYTHING ! and re-installing 3 times now. G4 works fine but as soon as I download 4.5 I get the same error and you cant use the sim anymore because it gives you a missing file error when you try to run it after downloading 4.5.

??? :mad:

Back