d3dx9_36.dll error

Fix Dll problems

Copy the "d3dx9.dll" to the Realflight folder "Drive:\Program Files (x86)\RealFlight6"and it works.

Copy the "d3dx9.dll" to the Realflight folder "Drive:\Program Files (x86)\RealFlight6"and it works.

That's often not quite enough, so it is best to let the DirectX9.0c redistributable installer do it's job.

There are other DLL's that must be installed too.

Windows 7 x64 crashes w/ RF7

I run windows 7 x64 on a system w/ 8G Ram. Video Card = NVIDIA GeForce GTX660, updated to latest driver. I did the DirectX install package from Microsoft site. Sometimes RF7 / 7.5 will run. But then Windows start button shows the install update symbol. Then the system crashes big on restart and goes into system repair / restore. Thereafter RealFlight icon has disappeared and it no longer shows in installed programs. Platform then runs OK until I try to reinstall RF7 and subsequently update to 7.5. Then the process repeats. I used the options on the bottom of the splash screen to let the RealFlight utility check my system. But it always reports everything as OK.
It would do similar things when I used Windows 8 x64. Made me think Windows 8 was doof as an O.S., so I borrowed the Win 7 from a buddy , but about the same thing happens.
Yes I accepted the Direct x install on the RF7 disk.
Do I need to build another computer just to run RF7 with a 32 bit OS?

Last edited:
I run windows 7 x64 on a system w/ 8G Ram. Then the system crashes big on restart and goes into system repair / restore.
Does your system take a really long time to boot when this system restore error happens? If it does what kind of motherboard do you have and do you know what the chipset is?

I run windows 7 x64 on a system w/ 8G Ram. Video Card = NVIDIA GeForce GTX660, updated to latest driver. I did the DirectX install package from Microsoft site. Sometimes RF7 / 7.5 will run. But then Windows start button shows the install update symbol. Then the system crashes big on restart and goes into system repair / restore. Thereafter RealFlight icon has disappeared and it no longer shows in installed programs. Platform then runs OK until I try to reinstall RF7 and subsequently update to 7.5. Then the process repeats. I used the options on the bottom of the splash screen to let the RealFlight utility check my system. But it always reports everything as OK.
It would do similar things when I used Windows 8 x64. Made me think Windows 8 was doof as an O.S., so I borrowed the Win 7 from a buddy , but about the same thing happens.
Yes I accepted the Direct x install on the RF7 disk.
Do I need to build another computer just to run RF7 with a 32 bit OS?

You say you installed the dx pack from Microsoft. Did you install the files from the RF disc? Those are necessary.

You say you installed the dx pack from Microsoft. Did you install the files from the RF disc? Those are necessary.

If he used either of these from Microsoft he should be okay.

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Both will install DirectX 9.29.1974 which is the needed DirectX 9.0c for Windows 7. I run Windows 7 x64 Pro and used the second link long before I bought RealFlight for other DirectX 9 games I played and RealFlight was fine when I installed it. The most important thing for people to understand is DirectX 11 does NOT include support for DirectX 9 games, which is the mistake most people make because they assume a higher version of DirectX includes support for the older DirectX. But Windows 7 didn't include support for DirectX 9, a Microsoft mistake.

If he just runs the RF disc he will be ok no if ands or buts

Certainly in life is so hard to find. I'm glad the RF disc provides it :)

What the RF disc has is a subset of the full Microsoft install I provided links for, but yes it has everything that's needed for RF, but not for ALL DX9 Games. I said should be okay, but it was certain too.

Different versions of directx run independant of one another on your machine. The version on the RF disc is necessary for your RF installation. Just having directx 11 does not cover you for RF. Certainly.

There is some parallel discussion happening here. I want to close the loop for anyone who comes across this thread later looking for answers.

missing file d3dx9_36.dll after upgrading from RG4 to RG4.5

This worked for me on a machine with with windows 7 ultimate with directx 11 already installed. Now i have two directx versions installed simultaneously. Here is the link for the directx 9c.

note: credit to the man named Ken on rcgroups. Also is an explanation in his post of what the issue is.

It is looking for DirectX 9 files....You should be able to install DirectX 9 by itself, not sure....I loaded Win8 over Win7 and already had DirectX9 installed.

Here is a link to download full DirectX 9.0C

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8109

Ken

No you do NOT have two versions installed.

The DX9 installer only places a few missing DX9 files onto your system, retaining whatever you had there before...

Back