Decrease Torque

barrs

I find that some models show too much engine torque, for my liking anyway. Is there an easy way to decrease it without affecting the planes behavior otherwise?

I find that some models show too much engine torque, for my liking anyway. Is there an easy way to decrease it without affecting the planes behavior otherwise?

Yes you can decrease the torque that is applied and you do this in the full editor. First ensure you set the display properties to Advanced under the options menu at the top. find the engine in question usually under the Fusalage in the list of components. Once you find the engine, you will see on the right side several items that you can adjust and the one your looking for is the Back Torque Factor (%). Adjusting this to 0 will remove the torque the engine places on the model.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 9
Why do you feel the need to reduce it?

The sim has it about right for a given prop size in most cases.

Could it be that the engine/prop configuration is not what you are used to?

Some older models and swap page models may need some tweaking, I suspect that this may be one of those instances.

Awesome, thanks much for the help.

And yes, this is not a complaint about the sim, it is probably represented well. I would just like to tweak a particular plane to fly more like the one I am used to.

I also like to fly the Raven, but it is almost impossible to hover without rolling, so I'd like to tweak it even if it is not realistic.
Edit: turns out the electric Raven behaves just fine, so I'll just use that one.

Last edited:
Back