Designing Airports - Tips and Tricks

You are the auther ! And as such OWN the source matirial.... I know what many here are thinking " but KE has a simular policy with KEMax...NO .....No they dont it is not the same thing as the end product can be only used within thier product and I BeLIEVEthey thereforre have the right to oversee that content i dont mean to put legalese launguage in KEs mouth but i belive its along those lines ....next up ..how to remove a water mark on,.....YOUR PHOTOs

Got photoshop or Gimp (free and without any goofy restrictions or watermarking of your content ...google/DL)
Open your pano in either fore meantioned photo editor i use Photoshop and will explain using photoshop but gimp is VERY simular
Find the originaljpeg(s) that contain the water mark(s) in the pano
Open one (do all this one at a time) ...............

Hit "M" key to select the rectangle "marque" tool outline (left click/drag)the watermarked area
copy it
Open A COPY .....A COPY of the pano...give it a minute its big
Paste ...
.open the layers pallet (toolbar under "Windows"
Slide Opacity slder to about 70%
Right click choose "Free Transform"
Size using tabs at edges (right click for more transfom options) Position to cover watermark
Click on the top layer or hit check mark in toolbar to unlock transform tool
Retun opacity to 100% in the layers pallet
Lather rinse repeat until all watermarks are covered .....THEN.......go to "layers" in the toolbar select flatten image......"Save As" with a new or slightly altered name as as origanal pano .....done....reimport into RF ..save all Buffers /objects from old AP in folder and and put a copy of them in new pano viola !

Steal my own copywriten matirial . I beg to differ is the OP making a finacial gain As RF can be considered an educational tool ....one could also argue under the fair use clause in copywrite law if labled as educational also in the coptwrite law..given my past proffesion as a photog i have a little more than just passing knowledge of copy write law ptgui can claim antyhing they wany in the eula buy what really matters oin the end is what can be leagaly iinforced in a court they are on thin ice claiming you gave up your copy write if you have made something with your own copywritten source matirial but never tried to make a financiial gain from it Especily if its educationaly related if you think its stealing ..then if i used the ptgui trial (I dontYou know i love canon photostitch but if I did you can call me a thief i dont mind .......im done and not gonna argue here

Last edited:
Btw yo copywite a photo all you need to do is open PS open your photo under FILE in the oolbar select INFO and fill out the form it will be embeded in the file then claim its copyweitten at your URL and yer done its asimple as that

Yet i notice you have not offered to do the same ........If I owned ptgui I would have offered to run it for him instead of bickering about stealing...let alone your last post....Really helpful arn't you 12,,,,
In fact if the Op shot it with a canon I suggest he try running them through canons photostitch Removing the watermark for educational purposes with out making a profit is a LEGAL lOOPHOLE in copyright law therefore it is NOT STEAELING ...i said before i 'm not gonna argue here...do you want them to close this thread ???

Last edited:
I sill find it odd that many here consider you the resident expert of PI's
Yet you have not posted a single file good ,bad or indifferent ....this is after all a sharing community and you give nothing back..odd...Very Odd

Thanks for the info...very telling... you dont post because KE can claim ownership ....and im the one who is stingy....got ya ...i get it now ...10-4 ....;)(heavy sigh)..have a nice day 12

Yet i notice you have not offered to do the same ........If I owned ptgui I would have offered to run it for him instead of bickering about stealing...let alone your last post....Really helpful arn't you 12,,,,
In fact if the Op shot it with a canon I suggest he try running them through canons photostitch Removing the watermark for educational purposes with out making a profit is a LEGAL lOOPHOLE in copyright law therefore it is NOT STEAELING ...i said before i 'm not gonna argue here...do you want them to close this thread ???

Maj, I did use a Canon camera, and I do have Photostitch. I tried the software but it does not seem to be able to stitch a 360-180 pano. I have tried all settings of merge and arrange, but it does not seem to work for me. Do you have knowledge to help me?

Dont try to do oit in one piece

Try it in 2 or3 sections then run the section back throgh photo stitch again ...of course it should be set to do a "Marix" stitch

Another alternative is to run the completed canon photostitch sections through photo shop ....CS2 and above has a check mark box wiithin the stich tool to "Save As Layers".....this alows you the oportunity to manualy stitch it together usiing the "Transform" tool in the same way as described above any small areas that may need small adjustments can also be fixed in the same manner with the origanal source jpeg.......I always uncheck the "Snap to Grid .....I have used this teqnique before i started to use canons photo stich and have "created" desert panoamas that look flawless even when some of the photos used within the stich were taken months apart and miles away from the photo stiched next to it !!!

I am currently doing the same for a Rf photofield but im in the middle of a 3 part long distence move(central texas to southern texas to Oregon so it will be awhile before i can get back to it
When completed it will look like someplace that actually exists that in the real world does not......but yould never know it.....so far i have about a 180 H x220-240W section with a checker board useed to fillin the missing section that i ran through RF as is and so far looks AWESOME

Always use COPIES to work with....copies of copies if need be I always have what I call a "Golden " master put away in anothe location just for safe keeping

Just before i took down and boxed my PC for the move i didcovered a web site by microsoft that i had no time to totaly explore where you can free of charge upload you photos and make "spin" type 360s (simular to the effect made famous in the "Matrix"movies ...Regular spherical 180x 360s ...."walk through" panos and a few more "new"ways of viewing pano type photos....not sure if you can only view them there... Or weather or not you can DL the finnished product but i thought i saw a reference to download a "viewer" to see them off site......like i said i stumbled across the site literally minutes before taking down my PC microsoft may want the right to share your work as i saw asection to look at others work ...so if you are a tightwad stingy person like me you may not want to try to find it i forget now what it was called but at the time i was goggleing free photostitcheds and viewers ...should not be o hard to find ....ptgui is not the only save all end all way to do things actually when i tried the pgui trial it could not do a few that canons did flawlessly on the first try i think the 100 spent by 12 has left him biased jmo

Major,

I used a program called AUTOSTITCH and finally got a useable Pano. I had to photoshop a sky to the pano though. The aircraft I use tend to look realistic on one end of the field, however, it does not "shrink" to a realistic size on the other end. Can you tell what is going wrong?

Photofield Completed

OP, Thanks for all your help. If you look on the swap page, and search for Edgewood, you will see that I successfully completed the photofield. It was difficult and I don't know what I would have done without guidance from you and the others on the forum.

Having just completed my first photo field, I would like to put in my two cents for this forum. The key problem I had was stitching the photos to create the panograph image. I used professional gear and an expert photographer to take the photos. One of the things I would do differently is make sure that the pictures of the sky include the horizon (we just arbitrarily used 30 degrees) The stitching software had trouble stitching the clear blue sky. I tried two free on-line programs to stitch the pano, Hugin, and PTGUI. PTGUI did a great job of creating the pano, sky and all, however, the free version of PTGUI leaves thousands of watermarks on the finished product. Hugin had a problem stitching the sky and leveling the horizon. In the end, I used a program, AUTOSTITCH 64. Although it had problems stitching the clear blue sky, it did a great job stitching the ground and horizon. I used Photoshop to create a sky. My finished pano was 21,000x10,500.

Problems encountered were:
The pano horizon has to be level and in the middle (vertical) of the pano. If you see that the aircraft in Real Flight does not get smaller, or gets too small, as it heads away from center, then you need to change where the horizon is on the pano and re-import it into Real Flight.

The forum here was very helpful, but there is a lot of research needed to do a Photofield properly.

Back