Difference in physics characteristics between "wing" and "symmetrical wing" !

islamelnady

when defining my wing as "Wing" component, the plane experiences a rolling moving after discuss launching.
I changed the component into "Symmetrical wing" and the rolling movement is much less than before. The same airfoil and geometry are used for both cases.

any idea why is that?

Also, what airfoils for the fuselage, engine, and any other unconventional part (other than wings) should be set?
the default is NACA 0016!

All right make sure your pivots and geometry on your wing is correct. Send me a screen shot of the wing. I can tell you then looking at it exactly what it is that is wrong.:):)

In short tip stall.

RF calculates wing tip lift slightly lower as if the high pressure air was leaking from the bottom of the wing to the low pressure top. the root does not calculate this as it is attached to something either another wing for fuselage. so if one wing had its "tip" (based on rf) at the actual tip and the other wing's "tip" (based on rf) near the Root causing asymmetrical lift.

In short tip stall.

RF calculates wing tip lift slightly lower as if the high pressure air was leaking from the bottom of the wing to the low pressure top. the root does not calculate this as it is attached to something either another wing for fuselage. so if one wing had its "tip" (based on rf) at the actual tip and the other wing's "tip" (based on rf) near the Root causing asymmetrical lift.
Makes sense. Thanks @legoman
is there something like a reference for the methods RF uses to make these calculations (aerodynamics, physics, etc) ?
so one can consider them when modeling a plane.

Makes sense. Thanks @legoman
is there something like a reference for the methods RF uses to make these calculations (aerodynamics, physics, etc) ?
so one can consider them when modeling a plane.
not to my knowledge. I have figured a good portion of it out through 15-16 years of trial and error. Most all of them resemble real world formulas with some short hand to let almost any computer run them in real time at 98% accuracy or better and adjustments to override the accuracy on part by part basis.

Back