DirectX 8 kills Win2000

TimG

I just tried getting the G2 upgrade to run on my WIn2000 machine. The install of the G2 went fine, but when I put on DirectX8 Win2000 would no longer complete the bootup. I got a screen full of funny black and white lines and then a total black screen. End of story.

I was able to recover because I had saved a copy of my Winnt directory from a parallel installation before I tried installing G2 and DirectX8. I was able to boot to the parallel install and rename the directorys to use the copy. Then I could boot to the proper installation.

If you are trying to install this on Win2000 I would proceed VERY cautiously.

Scott, any ideas on how I get this to work?

Tim

Its working now!!!

Got it to work. I got a new driver for my GForce DDR and then installed DirectX 8 onto the recovered system (not without making a recovery copy of the directory first!). Then I installed RF-G2 and it is all working fine.

Win 2000 with the transmitter interface. It is a pretty amazing simulation!

Tim
[Denver, CO] :D

Tim,
Only thing I can think of. Maybe try to install
the directX 8 first from a download site then see what your computer does?
Also, did you ever get any error messages referring to scan disk anytime before attempting to install the G2? If so, something might be wrong with your hard drive. Just guessing of course.
Adlai :confused:

OH boy

Hey Tim,
When I made my last reply to you. The last message you left, with you saying that you got the G2 to work, (WAS NOT SHOWING), otherwise of course I wouldn't have made that last reply.
Glad you got it to work. Now someone needs to get this dicussion room post to work better so that when someone makes a reply it will show!!
Anyway good news that you got G2 to work and sounds like your enjoying it.
Now, if only my G2 would get here, so I can enjoy it also!!!!
Adlai :eek:

GeForce Driver - TimG

Hey TimG,
What driver did you get for your Geforce card that worked with Directx 8?

I need a driver for my GeForce card that works with Directx 8, and I've tried the latest release from Nvidia but it doesn't work.

Thanks for your help.

Rick

GForce Driver

I am using the latest Nvidia Win2000 driver. It is version 6.3.1 and the card is an Asus GForce DDR.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Back