Dongle Compatibility

Grimas

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the OrangeRx DSMX/DSM2 USB Dongle or if there are any other dongles which will work with Realflight 9 with a taranis transmitter? Want to use this transmitter as this is what i use in the field.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply quick reply!
Really want confirmation if it will work before pulling the trigger and spending $100 on the software. Ive also got a DSM2 JR module for my taranis. Im also happy to use a USB cable if that makes it easier. Just dont know what is compatible with Realflight 9?

Thanks for your reply quick reply!
Really want confirmation if it will work before pulling the trigger and spending $100 on the software. Ive also got a DSM2 JR module for my taranis. Im also happy to use a USB cable if that makes it easier. Just dont know what is compatible with Realflight 9?

If you have a dongle that works with your transmitter and other simulators then it should work with realflight. RF8 and RF9 can use game controllers seen in windows so if what you already have works as a game controller then you should be fine.

If you have a DSM2/X module in your Taranis, then you might also be able to use the WS1000 dongle from Spektrum.

If you want to use the FrSky protocols, then I think OrangeRx makes a dongle for that, but we have not tested it. If it shows up in windows as a USB game device, then you should be able to use it. You will need to map your channels, most likely. Here's a thread on how to do that.

The XSR-SIM works on my Taranis+ for the sticks. I haven't figured out how to set the switches in OpenTX yet.

Back