Don't know where to put this so.......?

ubank12

Is their anyway to install a group of trees, tree line etc? Without doing them one at a time. And as side note wouldn't it be nice if we could have a page just for map making and aircraft modeling. Or is their already a page for maps and aircraft modeling?

Last edited:
I'm away from any of my computers that have RF installed, so can't fire it up to get specific...but if I remember correctly from creating an airport several years ago with lots of trees, and even more corn, one can create a hierarchy of object groups, and duplicate a group via cut-n-paste to be a member in a higher level group. So, for example, I "planted" a 4x4 square of corn stalks and defined it as group. Then duplicated it in a higher level group 16 times, each next to another. That gave me a long row of corn - 64 stalks by 4 stalks also defined as its own group. Then I could combine multiple rows....
For a cornfield, that still means a LOT of corn stalks that have to be generated when the airport loads...so even on a very high end machine, it can take a while! I quit planting corn after becoming concerned that I may just max everything out, and by doing so loose access to my carefully made AP because it could never be loaded due to too many objects....

Maps and modeling usually fall under the "Designers Corner" section for each of the versions. But since the overall methods haven't changed much in years, it would be nice not to have to troll through each of the version types.

I'm looking into objects right now it's over my head. I can see the objects just need to study on how to assemble them.
Thanks

Back