Douglas A-1 Skyraider

Select up to three see first post for details

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

legoman

As a follow up to the Lancaster, I'll be building a Skyraider in quarter scale. Probobly a "H" variant.

Loadout I may do up to three depending on final poly limit
  • Go in; kick butt; and leave - 18 500lbs bombs and 84 70 mm Rockets
  • Toliet (to take a dump on your enemies)
    A-1H_Skyraider_of_VA-25_with_toilet_bomb_on_USS_Midway_%28CVA-41%29_in_October_1965_%28NNAM.1996.253.2381%29.jpg
  • Anti personel
    12x 250lb "Daisy cutters" (airburst), 38x 70mm rockets, and drop tank
  • Clean (may be included any way)
  • A little of every thing were using all 10 channels

Feel free to suggest any thing I may be forgeting

Last edited:
Did they really fly missions with the toilet? (Sorry I have to say it.. leave it off)

from wikipedia
...In October 1965, to highlight the dropping of the six millionth pound of ordnance, Commander Clarence J. Stoddard of Attack Squadron 25 (VA-25), flying an A-1H, dropped a special, one-time-only object in addition to his other munitions – a toilet...

So once as a stunt (I'll stick with leave it off). It's a great war plane.. not a joke.

I'll include it so people some people can have the "joke" of dropping Sh.. both literally and figuretively. But two other load outs will be included plus clean(no ordiance). the toilet won't me the main EA. I'll set it up like the "AC-47" graphics option on the DC-3.

I'll include it so people some people can have the "joke" of dropping Sh.. both literally and figuretively. But two other load outs will be included plus clean(no ordiance). the toilet won't me the main EA. I'll set it up like the "AC-47" graphics option on the DC-3.

Okay cool.. that works for me. I just want to fly it as the great war plane it is. Thanks!

I may have just stumbled in to feature that could be deeper rabbit hole than I will ever be able to fully use.

In short We could do any number of presets and a huge list of possible have-it-your-way combos.

Attachments

• Holy moly.png
    Holy moly.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 16
This is what I am thinking for a release setup...
  1. First one ea (probobly "clean") with the all ordiance under engine show
  2. Then a new loadout every day or two av with some combo of weapons

This is what I am thinking for a release setup...
  1. First one ea (probobly "clean") with the all ordiance under engine show
  2. Then a new loadout every day or two av with some combo of weapons

Yes I like that, clean build using engine show for ordiance.

A picture of the "decorative" engine that houses the Gear reduction main radial engine in the "second row". Displacement of the engine is TBD. Depends on if I use a constant pitch prop or constant speed prop

Attachments

• A-1H Build pic 02.png
    A-1H Build pic 02.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 10
A picture of the "decorative" engine that houses the Gear reduction main radial engine in the "second row". Displacement of the engine is TBD. Depends on if I use a constant pitch prop or constant speed prop

Very nice.

Back