Douglas A-1 Skyraider

Select up to three see first post for details

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In my best Jeff Spicoli voice ..

"AWESOME!....TOADILLY AWESOME!"

But I'm not down loading it until you put a commode on the starboard wing :)

In my best Jeff Spicoli voice ..

"AWESOME!....TOADILLY AWESOME!"

But I'm not down loading it until you put a commode on the starboard wing :)

Well you have probably already downloaded it because of the quote. And you missed saving the commode by a month or more now. But hey don't work too hard now

I haven't been around for a while but I just tried out your A-1 it's a beautiful plane but flies a little odd. It's hard to say exactly what I mean but it seems off from what I expected it to fly like, and what other planes I download fly like. The turns seem to pivot too much not natural. I'll take a look at the physics and see what I can do.

I haven't been around for a while but I just tried out your A-1 it's a beautiful plane but flies a little odd. It's hard to say exactly what I mean but it seems off from what I expected it to fly like, and what other planes I download fly like. The turns seem to pivot too much not natural. I'll take a look at the physics and see what I can do.

It either no expo, no dual rates, the high deflection elevator, or the high lift wing

Posted here
attachment.php

Attachments

• ScreenShot1536357403.jpg
    ScreenShot1536357403.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 180
Thanks Legoman, the AD-1 looks great and is a nice addition to the Skyraider Hanger.

Attachments

• RF-X_x64 2018-09-08 08-39-04-77.jpg
    RF-X_x64 2018-09-08 08-39-04-77.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 15
It is depressing how poor the download rate is going. And what make it worse is I am not sure why. Is it the subject matter? Is it the use of the extra channels in the interlink X for the pilot head? Is it just the month I released it and the user base that is active during that month? Or is it RF8 small user base (based on multiplayer)?

It is depressing how poor the download rate is going. And what make it worse is I am not sure why. Is it the subject matter? Is it the use of the extra channels in the interlink X for the pilot head? Is it just the month I released it and the user base that is active during that month? Or is it RF8 small user base (based on multiplayer)?

It's the subject matter. Who flies a Skyraider at the field?

It's a great model but remember that it is still a RC simulator and people want to fly the aircraft they fly in real life, not some obscure aircraft they may have never heard of. Let's face it, the people who wanted the Skyraider are us on the forums. That and I would bet that only a few people know what it is. RF users tend to be Heli and 3d aircraft users primarily with the people who play war games and dogfighting as the outliers.

Do a model of a popular RC plane or helicopter and you will get a ton more downloads.

Last edited:

First I have to say the A-1H Skyraider is a masterpiece of a scale model, plus all the AV's you created truly enhance it.
Only modifications I made to the A-1H is to link the pilots head to rudder and elevator movements, no extra sliders needed, I only fly RF-X but do not have the X controller, (weird) I also made dive brakes manual, (same as you did on the F-105) I like to fly around zipping in and out of valleys and objects and the dive brakes being applied too much kind of dampens the moment.
I think it is just the time of year, the download numbers should increase over the winter months when more people come back to the simulator.
Who can resist your incredible scale models. Not me !!! Models in "Legoman Hangar" include Avro Lancaster Day and Night bombers, AN-225 Mriya, Douglas DC3, C47C, F-105 Thunderchief, FW-200 Kondor, Dehavilland DHC-3 and the Martin P6M-2 Seamaster.

Last edited:
I am absolutle disgusted that this plane is broke in realflight 9. becuase I can no longer use channel 13 14 or 15 any more

OG A-1H Skyraider workes again with version 9.000.021 since 15 channels is supported now have not tried with the interlink dx yet

This is the coolest RF9 plane I have flown yet. I only have a DX8, so I guess I can't raise the gear?

the gear works on the usual channel for realflights gears. so if you can raise other airplane's gears like the p-51 or b-25 you should be able to raise it. if that does not work try the i key on the key board. which runs the realflight channel that most planes use for retracts including the Skyraider

Back