Douglas DC-3/C-47 Skytrain

Thanks guys. The one shot for the top flite model definitely shows one way of doing it. They round the front of the rudder. I suspect that is the correct answer.

I have modified the rudder and fuselage so I don't get binding at reasonable rudder angles.

Triangles are currently at 8,771.

Attachments

• NonBindingRudder01.jpg
    NonBindingRudder01.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 16
  • NonBindingRudder02.jpg
    NonBindingRudder02.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 16
  • OverallView001.jpg
    OverallView001.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 19
Hi, hope this finds you well. I have been watching and waiting for some time for your DC-3 and I hope, along with some friends, we all hope we can stir enough interest in you to finish her up and we can fly her. My friend DEEWNG and myself have been converting one of his older posts into a CIVIL model and he is going to post the plane before the day is out and I'm asking you to load her up and fly her, listening to the way she sounds and think about the same sound for your DC-3. I think you might like what we have done and the DC-3 will sound just as good, if you find the sound to your liking.
The plane we've been working on is DEEWNG's AT-11, and I'm including a Screenshot so you can recognize her on the forums when she is posted. The forums are just about dead, for lots of reasons, especially the reasons you mentioned just recently concerning the "Ghost Town". Please give the DC-3 a consideration for completion for those of us that really can appreciate your talent and hard work. Thank You.

Last edited:
I've been trying to get a hold of wes via PM /e-mail for a few days now about that project... ?
shouldn't this be in the AT-11 build thread instead ?

If you fly the plane, it's the engine sound file that would go good with the DC-3 airframe. If you have loaded the plane Maj., what do you think of the way it sounds???

Hard to Find

I've been trying to get a hold of wes via PM /e-mail for a few days now about that project... ?
shouldn't this be in the AT-11 build thread instead ?

Well, I've been told to hide, one only needs to stay in plain sight. But my email is changing tomorrow.

Hit me with a hammer on Skype wesley.foster2.

Looking forward to speaking

The DC-3 is looking better I might start to drewel....

Last edited:
I just checked out the AT-11 and it is a nice job. I enjoyed flying it and the sounds were good. :)

From you and the few like yourself, we Thank you.

If it will fit the bill fell free to use the engines and sounds on your DC-3/ C-47. The sound for it are quite unique,

If I might ask :eek: Could you let me or U-Bird know how to go about making a Blur Disc for my propellers?

Thank you again for the kind words.

Deewng, unfortunately I'm going to be of no help on the blur disk. I went with the default that RF uses for my custom props.

Boof does have a tutorial he created in the tips section that shows how he did this for Helicopters but I think the same principles apply.

I think Doug had a problem with this recently. Maybe he'll chime in. I believe it was his last build, maybe.

Yeah, we have had issues with the blur disk thingy. Still no good tutorial from KE so its kind of like stabbing in the dark. I could not really follow what Boof had posted and nothing more was posted about it. So we are still stuck. I'd love to release my Xoar Scimitar Prop. It turned out great with photo CS and all but the when it spins it looks like garbage.

Back