Douglas XB-43 Jetmaster

Thanks for the XB-43 beta, incredible model, love the landing gear mechanism, complicated setup for the gears and doors, excellent work Legoman and yes it fly's great, very smooth, the bomb release is awesome (all sixteen of them) and I like the auto opening\closing of the canopy, but I do feel sorry for the radio operator\navigator that gets to ride along facing the tail.
looking forward to seeing the Jetmaster with a paint job.

Thanks for the XB-43 beta, incredible model, love the landing gear mechanism, complicated setup for the gears and doors, excellent work Legoman and yes it fly's great, very smooth, the bomb release is awesome (all sixteen of them) and I like the auto opening\closing of the canopy, but I do feel sorry for the radio operator\navigator that gets to ride along facing the tail.
looking forward to seeing the Jetmaster with a paint job.
Thanks. I think the bombardier would double as the navigator and maybe the radio operator. I am not sure but I think the copilot/gunner (the rear facing one might be able to turn the chair around. one member of the crew (on WWII vintage US bombers) also need to go into the bomb bay after takeoff to arm the bombs and before landing disarm any that did not leave the plane. likely who ever is not flying or navigating.

OK, another of my dumb questions. What is the significance of LMOKLMOK or PQRSPQRS? Why isn't it LMNOLMNO? Why are some of the sequences in order and others seem to be sort of random like GHJE? Or is it JEGH since I don't know which letter starts the sequence? Is there any significance to the letters themselves?

OK, another of my dumb questions. What is the significance of LMOKLMOK or PQRSPQRS? Why isn't it LMNOLMNO? Why are some of the sequences in order and others seem to be sort of random like GHJE? Or is it JEGH since I don't know which letter starts the sequence? Is there any significance to the letters themselves?
It`s just a mapping pattern that you can use, there are a few varieties to choose from. It`s hard to explain in words, but when you layout the models parts, you need/want to prevent distortion and stretching. This is called mapping, You`ll notice that all the letters blocks are square even as they go around a radius, they would be the same size as the ones that are laid flat, basically you`re looking for uniformity when you do mapping. If you look at the pic., you`ll see everything looks uniform, that`s what you need in order to create a good color scheme. Here`s a pic. of what you don`t want, you`ll notice the side of the fuselage where the letters are distorted, whereas in the pic. in post #25 they`re not. that`s what that pattern is used for, to make sure there`s no distortion, Which is what you do when you`re mapping, WHICH is a whole different process in creating a model, not the most fun part, but a necessary one.

Attachments

• map 2.PNG
    map 2.PNG
    508.9 KB · Views: 7

so it is what uncle twist said but it also helps prevent flipped maps. writing in NAVY and you get YVAИ or when you are getting two parts really close together like Bombbay doors, control surfaces, and gear doors and you need to paint a line across the gap you dont have to guess and check the pixel/sub pixel to line the paint up.

below is the pattern with 2x2 repetitions. note F and i are skipped likely to prevent simmilar letters near by each other. I could see EF, IJKL, and MOPQ be hard to tell part in some situations.

2023-03-11 23_59_02-Image_ auvBG [256x256] r8g8b8.jpg

below is the Riley Model B's N map zoomed in on the wooden part fuselage in the sim it is beautiful in a painting program it is a nightmare note the waves in the "straight" lines in the wood

2023-03-12 00_39_06-[Riley Racer  BR-549_n] (imported)-8.0 (RGB color, 1 layer) 2048x2048 – GIMP.jpg

I am sort of finalizing what the next build will be. I want to build a "go-fast" plane. It is likely to be one of the following But if people want suggest a "go-fast" plane feel free to suggest. also let me know what you all think of the list so I can weed out some of them before the poll.

Mig 21 Fishbed
Mig 25 Foxhound
SR-71 Blackbird
F-4 Phantom II
English Electeic Lightning
TSR-2
Tu-22M3 Backfire

Back