Dual Rates Toggle Switch

DaveK

Fellow Aviators
:)
How do I change the throw rates of the dual rate toggle switch.
Using Real Flight 8 and InterLink-x

Fellow Aviators
:)
How do I change the throw rates of the dual rate toggle switch.
Using Real Flight 8 and InterLink-x

Hello welcome to the forums. To change a planes dual rates you will need to edit the planes physics with the RealFlight 8 built-in editor. Follow the steps below.

Load the plane you want to edit.

Open the Editor using the Aircraft Menu items second item down, the edit command.

The Edit Menu Item will always have the plane you have loaded appended to the end, so if you have the Cap 232 loaded the Edit command will be 'Edit Cap 232'.

Once the editor opens look at the bottom section where it has five tabs going across and pick the Radio Tab. You'll see the Output Channels listed on the left and the settings for that channel on the right.

Normally here's the Output channels for the Ailerons, Elevator, and Rudder.

Output Channel 1 - Ailerons
Output Channel 2 - Elevator
Output Channel 4 - Rudder

But it is possible to assign those channels to something else so you need to look at the Input to make sure the Input Channels are set to what I just listed. You'll see a small triangle in front of each of the Output Channels on the left side so click on the small triangle for each Output Channel to open it. Once it's open you'll see a list below it one item in the list is 'Input' click it (not the small triangle in front of it) and in the right pane you'll see a setting called Input Channel. Make sure the channel is mapped to the items I listed above so you're sure no one has changed the mapping. The stock built-in planes should always be mapped correctly but a plane you download from the swap pages might not be. I'm one of the aircraft designers here and I never change those mappings but it's possible to do it so I wanted you to know they exist. Normally you'll just be able to adjust Output Channel 1,2, and 4 for Ailerons, Elevator, and Rudder. SO NOW back to actually adjusting the low rates.

Select Output Channel 1 (not the small triangle the text) which should be the Ailerons and in the right panel you'll see an entry called Low Rates (%) click on the value to the right of the entry and edit the percentage, that's it. Then do the same for the other channels (2 and 4). There you have it you've changed the low rates. While you're there notice the other entries in that pane. Expo During Low Rates (%) and Expo During High Rates (%) you can also change the expo settings there.

Once you've changed the low rates you'll need to save your settings. For built-in planes you'll need to save the aircraft to a different name because you can't change the settings for built-in aircraft. So using the File Menu item 'Save As' give the aircraft a different name and save it, then load that plane to use your settings in the future.

For planes you download and import from the swap pages you'll be able to just save the plane using the File Menu 'Save' command because it's not a built-in plane and it's entries are not protected by RealFlight.

Hopefully this is enough detail for you to do it, so give it a try.

Can anyone please tell me how to change rates and expo from all on ch5 to individual switches? I have done this on ch5, 10 and 11 on the DX controller but to no effect, still all on one switch.

The original plane is set to respond to just Ch5. Edit the model and follow Technoids excellent description above. Redefine the DR for the surfaces you want to use 10 and 11 on. Save as a copy of the original model. Yes, you will have to do this for every model you want to have separate rate switches (if it is not already configured for them).

Thanks for your reply but have done that many times and still remain on one switch for all which is of no use to me. Have I missed something? I have been using an Edge 540 for my attempts and have used `save as` each time and overwritten it with each change. I have followed Technoids before as above.

Thanks a bundle Technoid.... I can't believe this isn't explained in RF documentation, or did I miss something?

Back