DX6 Wireless Issues

twass

Hi All!
I just recently purchased RF8 as well as the Orange RX USB Wireless Dongle to use with my Spektrum DX6. Binding it is easy and reliable.
I'm having two problems (maybe related?).

First, when I try to calibrate, the "Finish" button is grayed out and not able to be clicked.

Second, full stick deflection on the transmitter only produces about 40% stick deflection on the computer.

Background info: I had to reassign some of the channels to have the elevator stick actually control the elevator and so on. I called tech support and they had me try selecting different controllers to see if something other than the "Spektrum" option would work. We had no success with that either and they had no other ideas.

In reading some forums, it seems like people with the DX8 and maybe some transmitters are able to get everything to work just fine. It's seems to me that shouldn't make a difference.

HELP PLEASE!!! Thank you!

I just helped set up a friends DX6 yesterday on RF8 so I know it works. Make sure you don't have any expo or dual rates set on the radio and linear curves for everything. Create a new model profile called Simulator or something. Also move all the switches as well as the sticks when calibrating. You won't get all the switches recognized on the DX6 with RF8. So you will have to decide what you want and use keyboard keys for the others.

After you have set it all up if you want more movement you can go into Servo setup on the radio and increase them all from 100 to 150 in both directions.

I hope this helps. I'm using a DX9 and an Orange RX USB wireless dongle.

Back