Edge OpenTX TX16 Radiomaster setup

Flapper

Since I was revisiting using my TX as a joystick (actually for use with Microsoft Flight Simulator(!)....

I posted this last year, but am doing it as it's own thread, so when others search it will be easier to find.

Here's a post about getting 8 proportional, and up to 17 buttons, from a TX using a USB connection, for use in RF. Any version, 8 and above.
This would entail using up to 25 channels on the TX. If you insist on using a dongle for wireless, then you only have the first 8 to work with. Around 12 would likely be the actual number used...but one can do more, as illustrated.

Here's the original, with screen shots, so please go here: https://forums.realflight.com/index...r-realflight-9-5-simulator.57736/#post-358174

Additional notes:
Windows can recognize up to 17 buttons from a joystick. The example has a few less, only because I ran out on my base transmitter.
Channels 6 and 7 MUST be a proportional or 3-position switch control. Windows behaves badly if they aren't.
After setting up the TX, test in Windows by running "joy.cpl" from the Run line. You can test each proportional channel, and whether a switch actually activates a button there.
Make sure to run Windows Calibration. If using the setup I showed, SH is a convenient switch to flip when asked to "press a button on the controller".
3 position switches act as distinct joystick buttons - so SA↑ is seperate from SA↓. In RF, these can be defined as "tri-state" controls, if desired.
After mapping controls in RF, make sure to also calibrate the controller using the option in RF.

If one simply must have a switch act as a true momentary push button, it can be done - but entail a lot of setup using the "Logical Switches" section of the TX. Not really needed in RF, so skipped here.

I use this as the general setup, and use the software radio in RF for rates, expo, etc. - so I only need one model in my radio, named "Real Flight". But if you really want to have seperate setups in the radio for each RF plane, easy to do so by making copies.

Back