Error

Alansa50@hotmai

I have loaded the software twice,once in safe mode-- keep getting error at start up "error creating ShadowReceiveDirectionalWater" then shuts down....please help

Did you even try looking at more than the first post on this page?

Actually I had missed yours and all the helpful answers you received. but now I have read thru them ,I realize cinicism, and ridicule of the novice do not throw a positive light on things.I also realize that my laptop, being older than yours is probably also incapable of running G4.I have the latest drivers for my video card, i throw myself at the mercy of KnifeEdge. Thanks for the heads up

Which video card

The video card I have is a Nvidia Geforce 4 Go 420, Nvidia does'nt support this card ,as Microsoft have bought the rights to it, the latest update I manged to get was from Microsoft and dated 2005,unfortunately one cannot expect them to support itfor long

Don't rely on big blue to bail you out. nVidia still supports it's legacy products, you just have to dig on thier website. Try this GeForce 4 driver out. That one is DirectX 9c compatible and is Windows certified.

Back