Evolution airports compatible in RealFlight 8

SB1986930

I created an airport in RealFlight Evolution and have shared it with our local club members. Seems to work in RealFlight 9.5, 9.5S and Evolution, but have several club members on older versions. The older versions sems to be looking for a single .rfx file.

Is there any way to export the airport from Evolution into .rfx file or any other format that might make it backwards compatible?

1. Bring up the main menu (press ESC on your keyboard or Cancel on your InterLink controller).
  2. Select My RealFlight
  3. Select Manage User Files
  4. Expand Airports
  5. Expand the Scene that applies to your airport type
  6. Select your airport
  7. Click Export
  8. Pay attention to the location where the file will be written and click Save
Now you can share that .RFX file with your friends who can import it in their versions of RealFlight.

A couple things to note:
  • In a RealFlight Evolution update coming very soon, you will be able to export your airport right from the My RealFlight menu, shaving several steps from the list above.
  • Content is not always backward compatible with earlier versions of RealFlight. Your airport might be, but a lot of airport objects were updated and renamed between 9.5S and Evolution, so you may run into some issues there, depending on whether your airport includes any of those. The airport would still load for them, it would just be missing any such objects.

Hi Ryan, thank you for the detailed response.

With your instructions, I've been able to export to .RFX.

I did some testing with 9.5 & 9.5S and as you mentioned most of it was there, but there were a few objects missing (but still very usable).

I'll forward the files to several other club members to test with older versions.

Back