Evolution crashes when pressing escape

sanderB

Hi there,

I read this forum but I can't find a solution for my problem.

Installed Evolution today with the Spektrum Interlink DX.
Installation went well, but when started Evolution I noticed I have to swap elevator and throttle. Therefore I need the menu. I think.
I think I need the menu for more than that, but I don't have a manual.
When I press "escape" on the laptop or "cancel" on the Spektrum transmitter Evolution crashes. (an unexpected error has occured...)

Yes it's an old latop with Windows 8.1, Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-4700 HQ CPU @ 2,40 GHz, 12,0 GB RAM, x64 processor
Intel(R) HD Grafics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce 840M.

Can someone tell me what the problem is? Thanks in advance.

You can bring back the traditional Windows menu bar across the top of the screen by following the instructions here.

And here's where the manual is hidden on your computer.

Thank you very much!
Now I am the happy owner of a "title bar" on my screen. That's how it's called in RF Evolution.

The title bar didn't appear by following the instruction as written above. Like: press the back quote key (the backwards apostrophe key to the left of the 1 key). No. That didn't work for me. Nothing happend. No command line appeared.

BUT

Totally by accident I pressed "control-shift-c". After that the commandline did show up for me to write "showlegacymenu".
I had to do that twice because I expected a fancy and nice menu, but I got a smal Windows title bar in the upperside of the screen. You can mis that easy.

It would be very helpful if the title bar could appear and disappear by a button. Now it's constant on the screen. Just like "to open the menu etc." But this last thing is maby a setting. I haven't RTFM yet.

I expected a plug-and-play system not an ICT training. But it works with help of others. Thanks for that.

Greetings, Sander

About the manual...

It isn't here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\RealFlight Evolution\Documentation\English

More options to search? The WWW maybe?

Back