Evolution Manual Update?

Not at this time. We do plan to update it, but it is a low-priority task. We don't think very many people end up looking at it (though would be interested to learn we are wrong).

In the meantime we included the 9.5S manual because much of the information it contains is still applicable.

Got it. I suspect all newer people do look at it but that's just my guess. As well as people like myself that want to start doing more advanced things like modifying airplanes and creating airports.

I would have hoped that RealFlight would simply hire a contract technical writer to update (and improve) the manual. I think there are many areas of the software that are poorly explained or not explained at all in the manual that could make a big difference for users that use RF as more than just a flying game.

For example, very recently I figured out how to copy a plane model and modify it's physics and other components to more closely match a real plane I own that doesn't have an included model in RF. Then I figured out (after many hours) how to use my real RadioMaster TX16S transmitter with all my complex rates and mixes, to work as a controller for one specific plane model in RF that I modified to use with this transmitter. It was many hours of work and mostly trial and error because the manual said very little on how to set this all up.
So now I have a plane model that will fly very closely to my real plane (although it looks nothing like my real plane) and uses my real transmitter with exactly the same switches, rates, mixes, etc. as when I'll fly the real plane.

A well written and thorough manual would have made this tedious and confusing process much easier. But at least now I can practice in a very real way.

Not at this time. We do plan to update it, but it is a low-priority task. We don't think very many people end up looking at it (though would be interested to learn we are wrong).

In the meantime we included the 9.5S manual because much of the information it contains is still applicable.
I would definitely like to see it published. Especially since the menu structure is so different.

Got it. I suspect all newer people do look at it but that's just my guess. As well as people like myself that want to start doing more advanced things like modifying airplanes and creating airports.
I have owned Realflight since G3... I have never once looked at the manual to any of them. It is very intuitive software and just clicking buttons its easy to figure out what does what...

You can't break anything in Realflight, as the core files and aircraft are protected. So learning by doing is the best way to figure out how Realflight works.

Last edited:
I believe the 9.5 manual still covers just about everything. If you turn on the legacy menus (how to do that), then all of the functions will be on the menus exactly as mentioned in that manual.

The newest function of the program is the menu system behind the ESC key on the keyboard or the Cancel button the InterLink DX. I haven't noticed any new functions there that can't be accessed from the legacy menus, but the new menus are totally rearranged. The big benefit of the new menus is the fact that they can be navigated using the InterLink DX controller.

Evo added a lot of aircraft and flying sites, but those things wouldn't be covered in the manual anyway.

Aside from the new menu system, what else has changed that would normally be documented?

Here is a draft of the new Evolution menu system. Let me know if I need to add or update anything:
I will reformat the menu when Windows 11 Microsoft 365 (formerly called Office) is working. Windows 11 is still beta software.
RealFlight Evolution Menu.jpg

Last edited:
Back