Exporting an airport.

frogman1206

I tried to create an airport to match our club field. On my computer it looks great. However when I export it and others import it they only get about half of the design. I'm using the included objects. This is not a photo field. What am I missing.

Last edited:
@frogman1206, are you and the people importing the airport using different versions of RealFlight? That could explain it.

If you're using entirely stock airport objects in your airport, then they will not--and do not need to--be included in your export. If any custom objects are used, they would be included for you automatically.

Sometimes airport object are renamed or, less often, removed entirely. In those cases, there will be compatibility problems between versions. This is not an actual example, but just to illustrate, let's say RealFlight 9 contained an object called "Barrel (black)", and in Evolution we renamed it "Black Barrel". If you include a "Black Barrel" in your Evo airport, and an RF9 user tries to load it, it will not find the object by that name even though it contains essentially the same object by a different name.

If some objects are simply failing to load, there should be console error messages reporting the errors. That would be a good starting point for investigating further.

Back