Extra NG

WOO HOO an update !!! As I`ve stated, the CS looks Fantastic as do the renders. Don`t worry about not mapping the pilot, people will just have to live with it. I can`t wait to see it in RF....Once you think you have the physics set up, you might consider asking/sending me, and/or Tech,asj5547 a copy of the file to test in the different versions of RF... :unsure: :unsure:

So glad to see this. However, I did find a couple issues I need to go back and fix before i really get into the physics. Hopefully all simple things, but nothing has been simple about this one except the CS. One big thing is in Blender, I've still got the model as 104". Upon importing, as I've said before, it just looked HUGE and full scale. After looking into it a bit more, RF had it at 22.5 ft WS. Not sure hwy such a huge difference, but I did a quick 35% scale (think that's what got me down to roughly 9ft) and it looks MUCH better now.

So, one more step closer to release. So ready to knock this one out and finally get started on my next adventure which is already setup and waiting for me to add the first object.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1680754036.jpg
    ScreenShot1680754036.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 15
  • ScreenShot1680754127.jpg
    ScreenShot1680754127.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 15
This is getting fun. 😁 😁 All bugs are fixed except for a bad pivot on the tail gear, and I'm about ready to call the physics done as well. Are they realistic? I don't know, but they are about where I feel this type of plane should be. I may release a test model once I get the pivot lined out and play around a bit more, but I feel quite confident that this one will be released by mid week.

Attachments

• ScreenShot1681017289.jpg
    ScreenShot1681017289.jpg
    617.5 KB · Views: 13
Great news Andy, especially the "getting fun" part. It`s always a great feeling when you've conquered/accomplished/finished a project and realize that ultimately/in the end, it WAS FUN. I`m really looking forward to this plane.... (y) (y) (y)

So, I usually don't do this, but here's a sneak peak at the NG. Physics are still a work in progress, and will be verified by an expert with the real life model. I found one bug moments before exporting the RFX, and it will be taken care of before the final release. Fly it a while, crash it any way you can think of, and just put it through hell and let me know if you find anything unusual/problematic with it. Also, let me know what you think about the CS. As it sits, I have not done a spec map yet. I honestly don't know if it even needs one, but I would like to get opinions from others on the matter.

I ended up going with the larger, original size I had planned. It currently sits at 106.9" WS. Current weight is 27.2 lbs, so it's at the lower end of the listed weight in the online specs. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

One last thing, on my end it takes quite a while for the DDS to generate, and then again once you select it from the list. I'm not sure if it's just on my end or if there's something going on somewhere. So please let me know if loading is an issue for you. I'm not sure exactly what I can do to fix it if it is a problem though.

Attachments

• Extra_NG_TEST_EA.RFX
    3.2 MB · Views: 27
So, I usually don't do this, but here's a sneak peak at the NG. Physics are still a work in progress, and will be verified by an expert with the real life model. I found one bug moments before exporting the RFX, and it will be taken care of before the final release. Fly it a while, crash it any way you can think of, and just put it through hell and let me know if you find anything unusual/problematic with it. Also, let me know what you think about the CS. As it sits, I have not done a spec map yet. I honestly don't know if it even needs one, but I would like to get opinions from others on the matter.

I ended up going with the larger, original size I had planned. It currently sits at 106.9" WS. Current weight is 27.2 lbs, so it's at the lower end of the listed weight in the online specs. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

One last thing, on my end it takes quite a while for the DDS to generate, and then again once you select it from the list. I'm not sure if it's just on my end or if there's something going on somewhere. So please let me know if loading is an issue for you. I'm not sure exactly what I can do to fix it if it is a problem though.
I just grabbed it and will test it out.

I found some stuff for you to check out.

1. It looks like a little shading on the left side.
2. It looks like maybe the polys are inverted on the right side landing gear collar at the fuselage.
3. I also had the vstab and sometimes one of the hstabs break off when I went up high and did a spin down and gave it gas. Oddly I only had that happen on the Carl Henson Field. I was flying in RF8.

As far as flying is concerned it seems to fly like the other planes of that type, maybe a little slower. I only had a top speed of about 70.

Here's a couple of pictures to show you what I meant in items 1 and 2.

Extra NG 01.jpgExtra NG 02.jpg

I found some stuff for you to check out.

1. It looks like a little shading on the left side.
2. It looks like maybe the polys are inverted on the right side landing gear collar at the fuselage.
3. I also had the vstab and sometimes one of the hstabs break off when I went up high and did a spin down and gave it gas. Oddly I only had that happen on the Carl Henson Field. I was flying in RF8.

As far as flying is concerned it seems to fly like the other planes of that type, maybe a little slower. I only had a top speed of about 70.

Here's a couple of pictures to show you what I meant in items 1 and 2.

View attachment 134100View attachment 134101
Thanks for the feedback. The shading I haven’t noticed before, but I can almost promise it’s a broken vert. That’s one of the issues I’ve had with the file conversion (I’ve fixed hundreds). And you’ve found the one bug I did notice with the collar. I’m not sure what’s going on there. I checked in blender and it’s not that way. Normals are not flipped or anything so I’m going to remake it. As for the breaking parts, I’m having issues with the rudder instead, but as you said it’s only in one particular field it seems but I can’t recall the name. Easy fix with that though by bumping up the strengths a bit or adding a little weight. As for speed, that’ll be discussed with my physics guy. Thanks again for the input.

Thanks for the feedback. The shading I haven’t noticed before, but I can almost promise it’s a broken vert. That’s one of the issues I’ve had with the file conversion (I’ve fixed hundreds). And you’ve found the one bug I did notice with the collar. I’m not sure what’s going on there. I checked in blender and it’s not that way. Normals are not flipped or anything so I’m going to remake it. As for the breaking parts, I’m having issues with the rudder instead, but as you said it’s only in one particular field it seems but I can’t recall the name. Easy fix with that though by bumping up the strengths a bit or adding a little weight. As for speed, that’ll be discussed with my physics guy. Thanks again for the input.
Okay cool I'm glad to help. And yeah it's the rudder I just said vstab (my mistake).

I haven't looked as close, but I did notice the cockpit view camera needs a little adjusting, probably a result of adjusting the planes size, I`m guessing you are aware of that, just wanted to mention it. RE: the CS, As I`ve stated, I love it. I`m not sure what your goal is, BUT, I walked up close and looked down on the wing, and notice a satin look to it, and a semi transparency, which I thought looked really cool. I`ll fly it later and report back if I notice anything that hasn`t been mentioned yet.

I haven't looked as close, but I did notice the cockpit view camera needs a little adjusting, probably a result of adjusting the planes size, I`m guessing you are aware of that, just wanted to mention it. RE: the CS, As I`ve stated, I love it. I`m not sure what your goal is, BUT, I walked up close and looked down on the wing, and notice a satin look to it, and a semi transparency, which I thought looked really cool. I`ll fly it later and report back if I notice anything that hasn`t been mentioned yet.
You’ve got me intrigued about the “semi transparency” part. I’ll have to look into that. Wasn’t intentional. Can you post a screenshot next time you fly it?

Back