Extra NG

No wasted edges as far as I can see. Very clean Abaser. Where do you find the time? Work, family, sleep, and modeling? Bravo

Thanks. Let’s just say I’ve adapted to getting around 5 hours of sleep a night. Once or twice a week I’ll try to get a full nights sleep, but honestly I feel it’s overrated. :ROFLMAO:

HA..!!!...Nothing you do is overrated Andy, you do fantastic work, if I had half the patience for modeling ALL the modelers here have, I`d be modeling, keep up the great work. Notice I said ALL, we`ve finally got a great group of modelers back here in RF on the forums doing there thing, just like the old days. I hope it keeps up... (y) (y) ? ?

Yup, sleep is overrated. I’d love to see my brain on a good nights sleep in Max though. I’m usually propping my eyelids open by the time I sit down to model. But, it’s all worth it in the end.

It's all in the details on this one. Still managed to stay under the 10,000 poly mark, but I'll blow past that real soon. Tonight I started adding the fuselage formers in the tail until that got to be annoying. Then I worked on the fuel tank and fuel line before starting to cut out the top section of carbon fiber. Threw a rough set of gauges on the rear instrument panel for looks, and a few other fine tuning adjustments here and there. I think the next time I work on it, I'll probably try to get the exterior roughed in. I'll add the vertical stab/rudder first, cut in the control surfaces, then start on the landing gear. Once that's done, it's all detail work from there, and I've got a lot of that planned for this one.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 25
Excellent looking and progress Andy. Ya know, I don`t know what made me think of it, BUT, this would be a nice plane to stash an Easter Egg in. Willsonman put one in his "Spirit of St. Louis" model, it`s pretty hard to find, but it`s there, I`ve seen it. It`s also a pretty cool fact, that very few know/knew about, I never knew about it until I read his description of the model, which made me look for it, Here`s a link to it if anyone wants to try and find it, I will tell you it`s in the interior of the plane.....OR, just maybe.. ;) ;) the inside of a particular part of the plane.
SOSL_EA

Last edited:
Awesome detail, looks fantastic, I like the fuselage formers I hope we can see them all down into the dark tail end of the fuselage, I wonder if a ~cs_bulb would shine some light on all your incredible work.

Awesome detail, looks fantastic, I like the fuselage formers I hope we can see them all down into the dark tail end of the fuselage, I wonder if a ~cs_bulb would shine some light on all your incredible work.
I’ve got an idea I’m going to try first. It should work ok. If not, the CS_bulb might be another solution.

Anybody got any tips on making this guy? My first attempt didn’t go so well. Planes I can do, people, not so much. ?‍♂️

Attachments

• 119D29C2-F654-4059-9AA4-AB8635F6CA42.jpeg
    119D29C2-F654-4059-9AA4-AB8635F6CA42.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 19
Back