Extra NG

Think the servo and linkage are complete. This is a VERY high poly count servo and may have to be reduced at a later time if absolutely necessary. At 3,212 polys, and needing 7 total, that will come out to nearly half of what I have right now which is 54,611.

Another thought I've been having is to reattach the canopy to the fuselage and not do the internals. I haven't made my mind up yet, but to be honest, I'm about ready to wrap this one up and move on to other projects. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 33
Well first, everything looks amazing..!!! Apparently there are seven servos..??, so I`m wondering where they all go. I`m guessing 1 for each side of ailerons and, (2) ....and 1 for rudder, throttle and Elev. (or maybe two for each side of Elevs./rudder...??) ?? just curious...And, are all of them visible..??, or just a servo arm on some of them..?? (referring to pic. on pg#1)...As far as internals go, I`d like to see them, but it`s not a must IMHO,... maybe sacrifice the pilot for internals..??, it`s all up to you Andy, but in the end, everyone will love this plane.

Well first, everything looks amazing..!!! Apparently there are seven servos..??, so I`m wondering where they all go. I`m guessing 1 for each side of ailerons and, (2) ....and 1 for rudder, throttle and Elev. (or maybe two for each side of Elevs./rudder...??) ?? just curious...And, are all of them visible..??, or just a servo arm on some of them..?? (referring to pic. on pg#1)...As far as internals go, I`d like to see them, but it`s not a must IMHO,... maybe sacrifice the pilot for internals..??, it`s all up to you Andy, but in the end, everyone will love this plane.
2 servos per wing 1 per elv 1/2 on rudder depending on what kg you have and one on the throttle

The servos and linkage look amazing, great work Abaser.
What is the total amount of tri's and verts ??? I had a file I tried to import and Realflight posted an error for too many verts (more than 65,545 verts)

What is the total amount of tri's and verts ??? I had a file I tried to import and Realflight posted an error for too many verts (more than 65,545 verts)
I’ll have to check the vert count. Tris currently sit at 54,611.

Here's what Ryan Douglas said about limits.

Partially true. The 65534 triangle limit is actually per frame. There is an identical limit on vertices. That means you could not have that many tris or verts on your fuselage or the ~CS_RMW, for example. (That's probably also going to impact airport objects, because I think they can only ever be a single frame though I'm not positive about that off the top of my head.) Avoid those limitations, though, and the higher limit applies as intended. And yes, those are inherent DX9 limitations.

Link to his post...

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?threads/questions-about-rf-8.32710/post-280784

Think the servo and linkage are complete. This is a VERY high poly count servo and may have to be reduced at a later time if absolutely necessary. At 3,212 polys, and needing 7 total, that will come out to nearly half of what I have right now which is 54,611.

Another thought I've been having is to reattach the canopy to the fuselage and not do the internals. I haven't made my mind up yet, but to be honest, I'm about ready to wrap this one up and move on to other projects. Let me know what you guys think.
Wow more super cool looking renders. Could I get you to do me a favor. Would you mind posting a 'standard render' of the first two pictures side by side with the pictures from this post so we can see just how much improvement you get with your renders over what someone like me would do, that hasn't learned how to do it. These are just amazing improvements.

Wow more super cool looking renders. Could I get you to do me a favor. Would you mind posting a 'standard render' of the first two pictures side by side with the pictures from this post so we can see just how much improvement you get with your renders over what someone like me would do, that hasn't learned how to do it. These are just amazing improvements.
I’ll see what I can do. Do you use any lighting or just the default scene lights?

I’ll see what I can do. Do you use any lighting or just the default scene lights?
I use the default rendering. Sometimes I'll lighten the background but mostly I leave it black for contrast. Oh I didn't mean to create a single picture with both renders in it just render the parts with the default rendering then upload both pictures so you can go back and fourth and see the difference, that will really show off what you're doing. Ha.. Of course it doesn't need any.. just saying.

Here ya go Tech. Top pics are my renders, bottoms are default. Only real difference is the sheen, but that makes a lot of difference.
Thanks that's exactly what I wanted to see. Your special renders make a world of difference on how the parts look, very realistic looking I'm saving those pictures. Thanks again !

A few eye candy shots. I did add a few of the servos to the wings. Still have the tail to do. Then it's just a few more little odds and ends to finish up and I'm going to call the modeling done. I have decided not to do all of the internal details as I had originally planned simply because this one has been going on long enough. It's time to finish this one up and get on to the next adventure.

BTW, I'm officially at the mid point of the poly limit if I'm not mistaken. I just rolled over the 65k mark.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 108
A beautiful build Andy and I know what you mean about needing to finish up and start something else. None-the-less this plane will be super when you release it.

A few eye candy shots. I did add a few of the servos to the wings. Still have the tail to do. Then it's just a few more little odds and ends to finish up and I'm going to call the modeling done. I have decided not to do all of the internal details as I had originally planned simply because this one has been going on long enough. It's time to finish this one up and get on to the next adventure.

BTW, I'm officially at the mid point of the poly limit if I'm not mistaken. I just rolled over the 65k mark.
That is absolutely beautiful!

Back