Extra NG

After about a week of trying to get this into Blender, I can finally get back on this one. A huge thank you to asj5547 for converting the .max file for me. In the conversion/importing process, there were a few details that I have to correct, but I think I have the majority of them resolved. You can still see some purple areas in this render if you look closely. Those are caused by verts that somehow got merged, thus causing faces to overlap. Not the worst of issues, but it is a very time consuming problem. Once I get those issues fixed, I'll place the servos and do a few other small details and get into mapping this thing.
a.jpg

I remember this one well, I sure hope you wrap it up, ditto what Tech. said, very cool plane, I`m sure there`s a bunch of CS`s for it as well.. :) :)

I worked on this late into the night and realized that a lot of the problems that were left were from internal stuff that would most likely never be seen anyway. That being said, I’m now way closer to mapping this one because I deleted a bunch of that stuff. I no longer have the desire to model each individual part, so if it can’t be seen easily, it won’t be made. Doesn’t mean It still won’t have a ton of detail though.

Not much time to work on this this weekend, but I did manage to clean the model up the rest of the way and set pivots. Just another quick go over next time and I think I'm going to call the model good and start the ever so exciting process of mapping. I'm about ready to see some color on this one and get it in RF and finished up.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 7.png
    7.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
Not much time to work on this this weekend, but I did manage to clean the model up the rest of the way and set pivots. Just another quick go over next time and I think I'm going to call the model good and start the ever so exciting process of mapping. I'm about ready to see some color on this one and get it in RF and finished up.
It`s looking beautiful Andy. I`ve always loved your renders, they always make the model look so real, I can`t wait to see some color on it.. (y) (y) :)

It`s looking beautiful Andy. I`ve always loved your renders, they always make the model look so real, I can`t wait to see some color on it.. (y) (y) :)
Blender has a very cool render engine. In max I really had to work at setting up materials and lights and all that stuff, but this only took a few minutes. It takes a little longer to do the render, but not much. Can’t wait to actually play around and see what it can do.

Felt like playing with the renderer a little tonight. I adjusted the materials a bit, but really focused on the camera more than anything. Now, I know most probably don't care about this sort of thing, but once I get the model mapped and start on the CS, things like this will really impact the way the final product will look in RF. I'll be able to see the effects of the spec and normal maps easier than exporting and importing into RF. That, and I think it just adds to the posts here.

Anyway, in these I added a prop and created some motion blur to mimic a running engine, and in the first one, I started playing with depth of field some. It's a little overkill, but still adds a little realism to the shot. I promise I'll have more to show as far as advancement on the model next update.😁

Attachments

• DOF.jpg
    DOF.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DOF1.jpg
    DOF1.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 13
I’m not sure.
I`m not sure how you feel about these "styles" of CS`s, but here`s three I found, which I`m guessing you`ve may have seen already, but in the event you haven`t, I`m posting them, I didn`t see any top or bottom views though. I`m thinking they`re just renderings/ideas that don`t exist on a plane yet ?? The first one is real "HOT" IMHO (pun intended) They`re from the "aircraft design studio.com" website. There`s lots of other CS`s on there site of all kinds of planes. You should check it out.

Attachments

• EXTRA 1.PNG
    EXTRA 1.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • EXTRA 2.PNG
    EXTRA 2.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • EXTRA 3.PNG
    EXTRA 3.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
I`m not sure how you feel about these "styles" of CS`s, but here`s three I found, which I`m guessing you`ve may have seen already, but in the event you haven`t, I`m posting them, I didn`t see any top or bottom views though. I`m thinking they`re just renderings/ideas that don`t exist on a plane yet ?? The first one is real "HOT" IMHO (pun intended) They`re from the "aircraft design studio.com" website. There`s lots of other CS`s on their site of all kinds of planes. You should check it out.
I’m looking at different CS’s. Still trying to decide if I want to copy one or do an original.

Back