FBX and Metasequoia4 help?

Now.
I have made progress on this.
I can reliably export OBJ and 3DS from Metasequoia then using AutoDesk FBX Converter to make FBXs that RF8HHH can import.
The FBXs have: Texture, Individual objects (Fuselages, Wings etc)
BUT
No hierarchy or modified pivot points. (GRUMP)
So no landing gear, wheels or moving control surfaces. Yet.
Something in Metasequoia's FBX exporter is munched tho I did figout it's pivot point (local axis) editor.
Progress.

YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!! YES!!

I did it. Got it all to work. Here is the sequence that I use.
1 Lightwave 5.6: model design. oriented parts with odd pivot points towards to the front. Saved as LWO
2 Metasequoia 4: Texture and UV setup. Export to OBJ and TGA
3 Blender 3.3: Import as OBJ Legacy w "split by object" & "Split by Group" (VERY important for intra object seperation or it comes in as one big object) and setup Hierarchy , Rotation of parts that rotate into proper orientation and Export to FBX (NOT RF FBX. couldn't get that to work)
4 RealFlight 8.0.056: Import (I used the Huey Mechanics for the Cobras)

2 weeks, much help and pointers from ASJ5547, Legoman and Epsiloon. Plus several real headaches
I'll be posting the final version of the AH-1F Cobra with the BWPlus skin (Black and White with critical parts like the tailpipe, rotor blades and canopies pre-colored) in the next day or so..

Live long and prosper, May the Force be with you, Nanew Nanew and Have a nice day **** Someone
Stefan

Okay, I imported the fbx file you sent into 3dsmax, then I assigned the tga to the model (in max) and exported out as fbx, then imported the fbx into RF with no error messages.
The model needs to be scaled up significantly, see picture of model on the runway (circled in red). smoke coming off the model
Hey, the process which you did does it work ?
I am also facing the same issue, I have made the model, its fbx file and TGA file but it is not supporting in Real Flight Simulator.

The FBX and TGA files must be in the same folder when you import into Realflight.
What software are you using to make the model and generate the FBX file?

The FBX and TGA files must be in the same folder when you import into Realflight.
What software are you using to make the model and generate the FBX file?
Yes I kept the FBX and TGA file in same folder
I am using Blender Software and it shows the error : KEX file Corrupted

Last edited:
Back